Finally! I got my certification!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey you should email Lil-lmwb and let her know how it felt, how you faced your fear, she trusts you and I think your experience with Chris at aquarena might give her a confidence boost. You should definitly go around singing "Daddy WOW Im a big kid now" if not just to get on his nerves lol

Hey you should email Lil-lmwb and let her know how it felt, how you faced your fear, she trusts you and I think your experience with Chris at aquarena might give her a confidence boost. You should definitly go around singing "Daddy WOW Im a big kid now" if not just to get on his nerves lol
Especially if they just start out slow and hang out instead of rush the experience ... maybe just swim and snorkel a bit first, then work up to the fun stuff.

I sent her a private messaged her on here....will she be able to get on soon after you?

From what I heard, some of the folks at Windy Point were very less than helpful and should be ashamed for playing on the fears of a little girl. :shakehead:

All I can say about that is that it's a good thing Maddy's dad (me) wasn't there when that happened. There would have been one less diver returning to his hometown that day. What an jerk.

Althought I have heard that WP private has turned into a mecca for self-entitled out-of-towners with bad attitudes. Obviously there haven't been as many Swampers out there keeping the rude and self-absorbed in their places. It's still the best place on the lake for lessons. I'm just not sure I'll be diving there for pleasure during the weekends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive yet to hear about that...
That's 'cause you were in bed by 8:00 at the campout...and I'm not talking a.m. here. :D

Yay! Guess what everyone? I got my certification today! My left ear still hasnt cleared...oh well! Through some hyperventalating, and a little bit of crying, I went down! And did it! Im so excited I faced my fears! I dont think I like Windy Point, or Mansfeild Dam...but, Auquarina was fun! Man! It feels go to accomplish something!

Congratulations Lil' Scuba good job. Diving certification is earned as you expressed above, it is not given away and comes with great rewards.

Best to you in your choices of local diving like Aquarena. It is one of my favorites in the Diving for Science program at Texas State University. Keep on diving and learning more, it gets even better with experience.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

Congratulations, Lil' Scuba! :)

And since you dived with ChrisPete, that makes you an official Texas Swamp Diver! :texas:

I'll go ahead and add you to the Austin roster. :D

She did great. I think I saw the moment when it went from being a chore to "this isn't half bad." :) Congratulations again!

I've got a pretty pink DIMWIT t, size small, for lil' scuba as she has now earned it, we knew she was a natural dimwit :wink: but has now progressed to a DIMWIT Diver:D

I also have one set aside for lil' lmwb as well, another natural dimwit and 'almost' a diver. I am sure she will finish her OW dives and complete her cert to earn her t as well.

We had hoped to present them this past weekend, but 'best laid plans' and all that...

I've been informed that Maddy will be journeying north this week, so I'll try to get it to K-valve before she goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom