FINALLY....into the water!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supernal

Contributor
Reaction score
I have my FIRST scuba class tonight. I'll be getting into the water but without any equipment yet because the instructors told us to wait until they could advise us. Wonder what I'll learn tonight? I'll keep you posted!! :scubadive

Supernal:
I have my FIRST scuba class tonight. I'll be getting into the water but without any equipment yet because the instructors told us to wait until they could advise us. Wonder what I'll learn tonight? I'll keep you posted!! :scubadive

That is a very encouraging start. IMO new divers should be in the water for an hour or 2 minimum before ever getting a regulator near their lips. We look forward to a full report and hope you are having a lot of great new experiences tonight.

Pete

Cool! You must be excited! I remember my first pool sessions vivdly. It was such a blast! Have a great time and let us know what you think :D

Supernal:
:cheering: I don't know - I skpped that step with my Inst, after we discussed my Resort dives. I guess snorkel, mask, fins experience to become accustomed?

Have fun. :wink:

Good luck and have fun! :D

Oh yeah, don't forget to change your Countdown Timer. :D

Love the sea cow, Would love this as a tat, After your 100tish dive. Cant wait to sea it then. God speed. Welcome

Hi,

Good dive have fun.......good luck

Cheer
Jason

Well, I failed the swim test.

I had to swim 8 lengths of a 50-yd pool. After about 3-1/2 lengths, the instructor told me to stop because I was clearly exhausted. I could barely get out of the pool. I didn't think I was THAT out of shape because I walk a fair bit, but I guess I am, especially in the upper body.

I did fine on treading water.

I'm glad I signed up for swimming lessons, starting this Sunday. I'm also starting deep water aquafit 3x a week.

My new goal is to get fit enough to take scuba training later on.

Bloodied (metaphorically) but unbowed,
Rhonda (Supernal)

Back
Top Bottom