Fins at La Jolla Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanarcher

Reaction score
I went diving Friday night - well I tried anyway! I jump in off Alligator Head without fins on and was tumbled to and fro on the rocks. Long story short I lost my fins and part of my face! If you find them...not that I think anyone will...but if you do could you get in touch with me? Thanks! They are the old Cressi Sub Frogs and they are dark gray and black. Here is the story if you want to hear it - http://teachers.sduhsd.net/rarcher/pics/alligator_head.htm

Those waves were pretty huge yesterday. Good luck with you recovery. At least it wasnt any worse. If I see any fins Ill let you know.

Jim

Ryan,

Sorry to hear what happened.

Forget about the fins hope you heal without scars.

Ouch Ryan! So very sorry that happened to you... take vitamin C and use Vitamin E oil on the scars after they are more healed... a tip that helped me after a nasty car accident. Well, of course "check with your own doctor" as well first :wink:

Hope you are healed soon and Santa brings you some new fins if yours are not located... thank goodness if was not worse! Way to go, Simon!!

jennifer

Yes - Santa will bring some new fins I am sure :) I guess it must be time to update to the split fins?! Anyone have any advice on what kind and type I should look at?

ryanarcher:
Yes - Santa will bring some new fins I am sure :) I guess it must be time to update to the split fins?! Anyone have any advice on what kind and type I should look at?

Atomics Splits or Apollo Biofins. Both are great fins. Both kick well with little fatigue. I like the Atomics because they are lighter and longer. John prefers the Apollos cause they are made of rubber :11:

Terry

FINS, FINS, DID SOMEONE SAY FINS? :eyebrow:

-- sorry, very poor attempt at humor --

Turns out I lost my mask and snorkle too! I am not sure how that happened...because I know it was around my neck, and not on top of my head! Who knows! I may have grabbed it myself and then lost it...to telling at this point!!

ryanarcher:
Turns out I lost my mask and snorkle too! I am not sure how that happened...because I know it was around my neck, and not on top of my head! Who knows! I may have grabbed it myself and then lost it...to telling at this point!!

Hey, no-one goes diving there, let's go find them now......I will lend you some of my gear.

Back
Top Bottom