Fins flying off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about your fins flying off. Hope you find them. One option you might try is Force Fins. Force Fin swim fins
I use Force Fins and they are called so because they actually are forced on to you feet when Fining.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/238854-do-you-work.html
The straps are merely there because when underwater or on the surface we are not constantly fining and need a strap to hold them in place.
Good luck and safe diving!

Don't put your fins on by using the quick release. You are just asking for a lost fin. Have the strap connected before you put the fin on with the strap below your heel, then slide the strap over your heel. Even doing it this way you still need to make sure the quick release is clicked in securely. Never put your fins on by wrapping the strap around your ankle then clicking in the quick release. Having said all of that...I'm another vote for spring straps.

What he said, They are called quick releases, not quick attachers. My vote is for springs also and I believe I have better performance from my fins because of them. Love em.

Bruce

OK FlyinV, are you going to go back in and find it? There are two things at stake here, a lost fin and a good excuse to blow bubbles.

I go with Blair Mott on this.
I can look you in the eye without flinching and tell you that my Force Fins have never flown off my feet.

Its my Grandparents lake so at some point I will go get it :)

I have some better places to dive right now and its about a 175 mile round trip.
(plus gear rental since I don't yet have my own BCD or tank)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom