Firefishvideo.com needs ride to middle grounds in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a full charter would cost $2k , unfortunatly I can't swing even half of that for this trip......also with the questionable viz , I would hate for any one person to have that much invested in the trip...... I'm hoping to split it up quite a bit more, or find a better solution.
.....Here is some video that I shot locally in Pensacola this fall. We have some good Natural bottom areas, they are just not as large at the Middle Grounds.

Night Diving Natural Reefs of Pensacola Fl - YouTube

Nice video..

I've done several hundred dives in the Middle Grounds, but your stated objective of doing repetitive deco dives and being left alone to dive as long as you want is not going to fit into many people's game plan. If you want to dictate the diving then I figure you should probably be willing to pay.

If you want to fit in with the normal game plan of most divers out there, then maybe you can do it for cheaper. Just my opinion of course.

Also, there are not going to be a whole lot of tourists diving there in March.

Nice video..

I've done several hundred dives in the Middle Grounds, but your stated objective of doing repetitive deco dives and being left alone to dive as long as you want is not going to fit into many people's game plan. If you want to dictate the diving then I figure you should probably be willing to pay.

If you want to fit in with the normal game plan of most divers out there, then maybe you can do it for cheaper. Just my opinion of course.

Also, there are not going to be a whole lot of tourists diving there in March.
Thanks. ....I really don't expect that I will get to go, I was just checking to see if there was anything available. Its not that I don't want to pay.....it just that I don't have the option of dropping over a grand on a couple of questionable dives......especially when this footage will probably just be used on my website. I work as a carpenter , and trade my blood sweat and sometimes tears for every dollar I earn....so I expect a lot for my money.......I guess I get away with that, because I usually GET a lot for my money. As for the other points....All I am really asking for is an extra 10 minutes or so on every dive.......basicly , just NOT turning the dive when all the others do.... It would be a waste of my time to even go out there if I had to dive as if I were an advanced openwater diver, and had to hold my buddies hand. I would not even consider going on THAT trip. I have found that I can easily work that scheduel into the routine of most dive charters. I get in the water first, come out last, and since I am on 100% o2 for deco...I can turn right around and do it again when the other divers are ready. Frankly, with the way the courts are treating dive buddies these days, its a wonder ANYONE would consider diving with anyone else!........if ANYTHING happens to your buddy.....you are likely to be brought up on charges.....Don't even need evidence , motive, ect.!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom