First Dive with Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked a couple of profiles. My Vyper only measures temperature at the start of the dive at the deepest point and at the end. Love my computer has been rock solid for me. I don’t even display the bookmarks on my profile anymore because I am comfortable enough with how I dive to know that they are not relevant warnings. If you must ascend or miss a safety stop your computer will let you know during your dive. That too you can customise in your settings. Safe diveing and enjoy your Vyper.

I really doubt that you're going to notice that on the standard Vyper going from 20 secs to 10 secs. Compared to the real time processing going on during the dive the extra storage cycles will be negligible......
A smaller sample interval affects power consumptions in 2 ways: a) more frequent write cycles (and writing a flash takes some jiuce), and b) it takes longer to download the log.
Going from 20 sec to 10 sec is not a big deal. But going from 20 sec to 1 sec (Vyper2) it's quite a change.

A smaller sample interval affects power consumptions in 2 ways: a) more frequent write cycles (and writing a flash takes some jiuce), and b) it takes longer to download the log.
Going from 20 sec to 10 sec is not a big deal. But going from 20 sec to 1 sec (Vyper2) it's quite a change.

My Galileo log samples every 4 seconds, compared to the Vyper's 10-20 sec and yet it downloads at a fraction of the time as the old Vyper.

My Galileo log samples every 4 seconds, compared to the Vyper's 10-20 sec and yet it downloads at a fraction of the time as the old Vyper.
Apples != Oranges

..snip..

Bummer. Can't seem to find a Mac version of Suunto Dive Manager 3.0.0

Best,
-Tim

I'm not a Mac user myself but I have a lot of colleagues who run a Windows emulator on their machines and say they have no problems at all. I see some good reviews out there on free emulators. Is your interface serial (via USB/serial adapter or Suunto direct USB? The only issue may be with the driver installation for the direct USB.

Not sure about a DM version for Mac but I really like MacDive. Good solid software. Downloads my cobra2 data with no trouble!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom