First DPV - Your recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's correct-Body Glove(U.S. Distributer) wasn't happy with quality issues and went with a new manufacturer for the Sea-Doo Explorer . If purchasing check with dealer to make sure it's the new one as I'm sure there are old versions still out there.

So how does the whole deal work then?

Stallion has got a new manufacture, or a new company is licensing the Sea-doo name?

Or are Bombardier, Stallion and Bodyglove owned by the same group?

This is what is says on the Sea-doo seascooter website:

SEA-DOOŽ® and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates, used under license by Stallion (asia) Ltd.
The SEA-DOOŽ® SEASCOOTER is neither manufactured nor distributed by Bombardier Recreational Products. For all inquiries, please contact Stallion (asia) Ltd.
Copyright 2008, Stalion (asia) Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notice

This is what it says about BodyGlove on the Stalion Asia website:

Body GloveŽ®, the Hand Design and Protect The Core are registered trade marks of Body Glove International, LLC. Stallion Sport is the exclusive distributor of Bodyglove bodyboards, skimboards and soft surfboards in the USA and exclusive licensee for Hong Kong and China for Bodyglove wetsuits, bodyboards, skimboards and soft surfboards. We distribute to other selected territories. For more info on our products please direct all enquiries to service@stallionsport.com. For more information on Body Glove please visit: Body Glove | 2009.

Not sure-corporate conglomerate stuff gets pretty complicated-but I do know DAKA was old manufacturer and Stallion is the new one-suppose you could give them a ring for more info

Now we're getting practical. I provide the funding for a herd of 4 divers and at about $450, I can afford 4 of these.

We are only doing beach entries and with my grandson along our depth will not exceed 40', more likely 30'.

I am on the far end of 'too --- old' for doing long kick-outs. If I had my druthers, we would just buy a large inflatable (19'?) and dive off of that. It may still turn out that way but, for the moment, I want to think about these scooters.

That they are light weight is a real plus for me.

Richard

LOL yeah, equipping a herd of divers can get pricy

Im little closer to Stallions base here in AU and to get a quality seadoo you might want to check
if it has the manufacturer's logo on it. They seem to deliver a modified reliable unit

I would avoid machines with DAKA logo on it, must be old stock,

...just making your dollar worth more..IRON-Diver

Not sure-corporate conglomerate stuff gets pretty complicated-but I do know DAKA was old manufacturer and Stallion is the new one-suppose you could give them a ring for more info

Thanks, I was just curious. I was suprized to see Bodyglove distributing them at the last DEMA, At previous shows I have seen Sea-doo booth but there has never been anyone in it.

....read some of the discussions for a while and want to add I got 2 seadoo Explorers
recently which have given me some awesome times even though my max. depth is only 100ft.. I bought these units online but recall my shop telling me the machines are being manufactured by a new company..? Perhaps I'm lucky, but could mean more reliability. I paid 700 each and happy with 'm.....

Hey Iron Diver, which things do you like and which things don't you like about your Explorers?

How to get your girl friend or significant other to go scuba diving with you. It is said to be better than riding a Harley Davidson or horse back riding. It looks to painful for men.

Tabata USA, Inc. : SAV-7 EVOLUTION DPV [SAV-7 EVOLUTION] - $0.00

Free your hands with the TUSA SAV-7 EVO Scooter.
The SAV-7 EVO is TUSA's latest underwater vehicle. Improving upon the highly popular SAV-7, the EVO has several upgrades that makes it THE scooter to dive.

Progressive acceleration system:
The EVO's newly design rotational speed adjustment function allows for precise changes to your speed while in motion. This easily activated speed adjustment results in smooth effortless riding and allow for easy synchronization of speed between divers in a variety of geographical areas and varied current conditions.

L.E.D. Battery Indicator:
When the main power switch is turned on, the L.E.D. battery life indicator lights up providing the diver with a guide to remaining battery life.

3 Speed Propeller:
Additionally, it's possible to easily vary the propeller's angle or pitch by 3 positions, which allows for even more fine-tuning of the scooter's speed to the individual diver's needs.

Saddle Wings:
By using the wings it's now possible to pull 2 more divers with the EVO scooter. The diver's different physiques when holding onto the wings have virtually no effect to the scooter's performance. The speed and distance with 3 men diving are almost the same as using the scooter solo without a saddle.

I have had my stock Mako for 8 or nine years and had to fix the prtrigger mechanisms. That was the only problem with it even after lots and lots of dives. I replaced the batteries twice. The charger did, however just die and I need a new one. I could do 3 dives a day on one charge. My friend had an apollo av-1 for many years and he had to change out batteries between dives. He say his av-1 was faster than the Mako. He just bought the AV-2 evolution with LI battery and hands free operation. I'm going to try it one of these days when the seas calm down. I'm afraid if I do, then I'll have to go out and buy one too. My buddy says it blows the AV-1 and my Mako away, but they are expensive. I'll probably ask around $800 to $1000 for my mako. I like the hands free concept. It is a pain in the ass to hold spear gun and lobster snare while grasping the handle/trigger.

Saddle Wings:
By using the wings it's now possible to pull 2 more divers with the EVO scooter. The diver's different physiques when holding onto the wings have virtually no effect to the scooter's performance. The speed and distance with 3 men diving are almost the same as using the scooter solo without a saddle.

LMAO:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
thanks I needed that one.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom