First ever underwater pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D There you go... but it was a 5 minute process, done as a demo and using a low res web-color 29.5kb original image!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andy, not quite 5 mins for me, I have the backscatter mastered, the colour thing is a lil more difficult. I will keep working on it. Your assistance is much appreciated. :clapping:

Dave

:the colour thing is a lil more difficult.

If you're using photoshop you can also try to fix the colour with a curves adjustment layer, pick the grey eyedropper, and then click on something neutral (like sand, rock, or an eye). If you get red snow all over you're in trouble and channel mixing might be easier, but for images taken in the shallow trying a few different grey points can make the colour pop back in.

Osric

Devon, what PS is that??.ie Elements,---CS---or which one???..TIA.....

EDIT: ie I have Element 5.0 & do not recognize that one(I use the Spot Healing Brush Tool in the Full Edit place)

I've got CS and CS3 on different laptops. I've not used elements before...doesn't it have history brush and noise filters?

If you're using photoshop you can also try to fix the colour with a curves adjustment layer, pick the grey eyedropper, and then click on something neutral (like sand, rock, or an eye). If you get red snow all over you're in trouble and channel mixing might be easier, but for images taken in the shallow trying a few different grey points can make the colour pop back in.

Osric

The curves/eyedropper works well if the photo has a good histogram and a decent amount of red pixels. It's more of a white balance function.

In contrast, the Channel Mixer creates red pixels where none exist, which increases the information you have to work with. It adds 'light' that wasn't captured on the original picture.

See below the difference between the two methods.

88683d1295955197-first-ever-underwater-pics-comparative-edit.jpg

Attachments

• Comparative-edit.jpg
    Comparative-edit.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 69

Back
Top Bottom