first liveaboard - what to definitely take / not take?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigBill:
That boat looks similar to the one that I am on.

Yeah, They both have sails :D

scubapolly:
Yeah, They both have sails :D

I meant the top deck, but thanks for being so astitute! By the way, can you tell me what these hoses are for that are coming off the top of my tank?

I am not sure which one is which and if I need to actually put this mouthpiece in my mouth. What is that for? :D :))

BigBill:
I meant the top deck, but thanks for being so astitute! By the way, can you tell me what these hoses are for that are coming off the top of my tank?
Depends on what is at the end of it. The one that has a thing on it that looks a little like a clock is a pressure gauge- tells you how much air you have left- when it gets to the red, it is time to get out of the water. The ones with mouth pieces on- you put those in your mouth and suck. The one that doesn't have anything on it, gets hooked to your BC.

BigBill:
I am not sure which one is which and if I need to actually put this mouthpiece in my mouth. What is that for? :D :))

Glad I could help.

Geez Miss D- I think all of these boys need private lessons.

Sure thing! I would love to get some private lessons from you and the Miss!

Pressure gauge? Am I strapped to something under pressure? Now why would I want to breathe something out of that tank?

Again, see my trip report on this forum about Blackbeards. Just got back...

BigBill:
What is Blackbeards like? Something worth pursuing?

Blackbeards is much less private than the boat you are going on appears to be.

scubapolly:
Blackbeards is much less private than the boat you are going on appears to be.

True, but maybe then I would be able to use some of those pony tail holders! :D :eyebrow:

BigBill:
True, but maybe then I would be able to use some of those pony tail holders! :D :eyebrow:

Well on a BB, you are only going to be able to "use" the ponytail holders if you can find a girl that doesn't mind doin it in the salon while the rest of the guests are eating breakfast, because that is where some of the bunks are. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom