First reg, need to buy two, rec diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have backups that have backups (Zeagle and HOG) because I was unable talk myself out of a great deal. I service them as necessary, about every 3-5 years. I got the Zeagles for a little more that $300 and the HOGs for about $200. All new. I recently bought 2 new Atomic-made Zeagle F8s for $100 a piece. They breath great and and are very compact as backups.
If I had to pay someone to service them, I would become nauseous and eventually throw-up. Having extra first and second stages is a luxury. I don't mess with them at all until one needs to be switched out @ the dive site, which is a cheap luxury I can afford.
I would NOT buy a regulator (Atomic) that was not owner-serviceable friendly.

The only impact for such decisions is pocketbook, not safety. No need to be sanctimonious.

Who do you think is sanctimonious here? :stirpot:

I am just trying to show him that in life, poor or limited experience does not often correlates with wise decisions.

If one wants to think about backups, there may be more interesting things to do with money and time: take other courses, dive more, what about a back up dive computor, dive mask, even BCD.................I got more problems with these 3 than with my regulator :banghead:.

If one wants to think about backups, there may be more interesting things to do with money and time: take other courses, dive more, what about a back up dive computor, dive mask, even BCD.................I got more problems with these 3 than with my regulator :banghead:.

In what way is it any of your business?

Speaking from personal experience ONLY.
A back up computer is a lot more practical and useful than a spare reg!
Small tool + battery and O-ring is a lot lighter than a set of reg(1st + 2nd) as well.

Speaking from personal experience ONLY.
A back up computer is a lot more practical and useful than a spare reg!
Small tool + battery and O-ring is a lot lighter than a set of reg(1st + 2nd) as well.

You can't dive without a computer?

You can't dive without a computer?
1. I have done that before with table and wheel.
2. I only dive aboard and computer is more or less a standard requirement wherever I went.
3. I only use timer for tec dive.
4. A good timer is costing nearly as much as a cheap computer!

Question for you:
Have you ever been set a depth limit(18m) by the dive supervisor on a liveaboard(Great Barrier Reefs) if you did not have a dive computer?

There is no need to be condescending toward dive computer users. Unless you don't know, plenty new divers only learn to use computer instead of table/wheel.

Last edited:
I'm simply agreeing with you that one can scuba dive without a computer and, rather than condescending, am presuming that you agree that one cannot scuba dive without a regulator.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom