First stage hitting head with BP&wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bet is also on the shoulder straps were/are too tight. I was stubborn to loosen mine despite seeing many suggestions to do so and finally did. It made a difference. It's really the waist strap and to a lesser extent the crotch strap that holds it securely in place. The most I have to do is once I've backrolled is give the waist strap a little additional tighten once I'm under, since the 1st tighten was done while seated on the boat.

just convert your yokes to din.
YES! Much cheaper than new regs and a nice improvement. If you're going somewhere where they don't use DIN, you can just switch back to your YOKE fittings. The worst alternative is the bulky DIN-to-YOKE adapter.

Several people have already hit the nail on the head.

If the tank is too high, loosen the shoulder straps. MOST people with issues with BP/W have the shoulder straps too tight.

It should be easy to get in and out of. The crotch strap does not need to give you a wedgie. It should just snug everything up once you put the waist belt through it and fasten the waist belt.

Definitely no need to change hoses or convert to DIN. Converting DIN isn't going to do anything but remove the A-clamp from the picture - which is not what your head is touching. The body of the 1st stage will still be in pretty much the exact same place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom