First stage ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdude74

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am sure this type of stuff gets posted a lot but here is another one!
I am looking for help identifying this first stage, there are no numbers or stamps on it but it does have two high pressure ports and 4 low pressure ports on a swivel.
Thanks for the help in advance
-Doug

Attachments

• D2A2A03F-FF6C-4EFC-8099-BB2473852B8A.jpeg
    D2A2A03F-FF6C-4EFC-8099-BB2473852B8A.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 83
Looks like a scubapro mk5 (or knockoff). Someone changed out the yoke and yoke screw at some point -- the yoke retainer is the wrong length and it cracked the plastic saddle.

And drilled out the spec holes, the middle chamber should have tiny holes but have been drilled out after some maintenance without the proper tool. Maybe still usable, after qualified inspection, agreed its a frankenstein scubapro mk 5

Yes, a Scubapro MK5 clone.
Yoke assembly IDs it as Tekna brand, probably the 2100 series first stage. It will be rounded at the top, where the high pressure seat cap is located. Scubapro MK5 is flat in that area.

And drilled out the spec holes, the middle chamber should have tiny holes but have been drilled out after some maintenance without the proper tool. Maybe still usable, after qualified inspection, agreed its a frankenstein scubapro mk 5
I have had a few of the MK5 clone Tekna first stages, and one in my hand right now.
The chamber holes shown in post #1 photo are standard size on this model. I don't think they have been drilled out or otherwise modified from original.

Some versions of the Scubapro original MK5 also have the larger chamber holes. MK5 with SPEC chamber shown upper left, MK5 with standard size chamber holes bottom right of photo.
1mk5s.jpg

Nice picture thanks, thats the help i was looking to give him, I hope that helps diver dude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom