First time in a while

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah . . . Peter wanted to talk me into doing a day of reef diving down in MX on this trip, but that meant bringing another wing, and either another reg or breaking down and rebuilding the doubles regs, and it just wasn't worth the effort to me. When I travel, it's either singles or doubles, but not both.

But at home, I definitely mix it up, although I probably dive doubles more than I really need to, just because I need the workout :)

And when you dive doubles on the first dive and singles on the second?

Specially if they are ALs you fell like you could dance with the tank in your back, so light it gets... good sensation.

Slowly, I hope, I'm starting to convince some of the LA guys...

Hey, at least I got my single tank VIP'd this year (for the first time since mid 2006).

:D

We solved this with H-valves on the singles.

I tried that too, but I still have to 'hose around' (pun intended) to get my Mk25s routed cleanly.

Right post is the same, left post I move the backup reg to a side port and don't mount it at an angle.

I think maybe a Y-valve would allow me to use my doubles regs as-is.

I can only imagine what it's like to go from doubles to a single tank (I don't dive doubles yet, so I don't know from first-hand experience). Over the weekend, I did my first Al80 dive in almost a year....I normally dive an HP130. I actaully asked my buddy to make sure I had a tank on my back....it was so silly how light it was!

Yeah, if there is one thing about the whole DIR thing that I regret, it's that people get into the mindset that it's not okay to dive anything but double tanks. Some dives really don't require anything else, and it makes diving so much easier!

Don't forget small doubles. I'll take my double 40's over a single 80 any time.:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom