First time on Open Circuit Sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sidemount.jpg
sidemount1.jpg
Sidemount2.jpg
Here are a few pictures of my first dive in sidemount (I do carry sidemounted bailouts for my rebreather) in apool. There are a couple of things, still to be tweaked out,... but with time & practice will come perfection.

Looks really good Tammy!

In the last pic, the tank on your left seems to be pivoting up. I had that for a while when I shifted to steels, took me some time to figure out I needed to lengthen the bungee a little to stop it pulling the neck up high and pivoting the butt down.

Or, it may just be the angle of the photo o_O

Looks really good Tammy!

In the last pic, the tank on your left seems to be pivoting up. I had that for a while when I shifted to steels, took me some time to figure out I needed to lengthen the bungee a little to stop it pulling the neck up high and pivoting the butt down.

Or, it may just be the angle of the photo o_O
It is possible that the bungees were too short. I have lengthened them,... but haven't had time to get them back into the water.

It is possible that the bungees were too short. I have lengthened them,... but haven't had time to get them back into the water.
Sidemount, Death by a Thousand Adjustments......

Sidemount, Death by a Thousand Adjustments......
Isn’t that the truth!

Looking good Tammy!
How does it feel for you at this point?

Welcome to the Dark side, Tammy.

Looks good! No reason your sidemounted CCR bailouts can't look the same!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom