First tropical ocean dive...bittersweet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Google "Blue Heron Bridge" for more excitement than you can handle on a single dive

Was a fantastic dive just done this last month for being shallow had an amazing time.

Google "Blue Heron Bridge" for more excitement than you can handle on a single dive

Was a fantastic dive just done this last month for being shallow had an amazing time.
Got back last night. Did four dives Blue Heron Bridge. Loved it. Max depth 26 feet. Viz under the bridge isn't the best, but all sorts of weird creatures. Easy diving, warm water, what's not to like?

All the suggestions above about choosing a different (better) site are right on. I was (reluctantly) on a cruise to Grand Cayman. I took some folks snorkeling at Eden Rocks and everyone loved it. It was so nice to introduce people to a world I love so much.

I prefer shallow dives. Unless there is a reason to go deep to see something, it seems to me that most of the deep diving is about being macho. The light is better the shallower you are.

I have also come to the realization that I can enjoy any dive. It begins with letting go of expectations. I went to Blue Heron to see nudies. Didn't see a one. But the decorator urchins blew me away. I had no idea they existed. And things I always thought were sessile were moving at light warp speed.

Keep diving. There's nothing better!

I prefer shallow dives. Unless there is a reason to go deep to see something, it seems to me that most of the deep diving is about being macho. The light is better the shallower you are.

I enjoy shallow dives as well. One of my favorite dives is Looe Key Marine Reserve off Big Pine Key. To go below 40 ft. you need a shovel, but the wildlife is great and cruising through the coral fingers is like flying through canyons.

I get what you're saying about some divers. I've been on boats with a few testosterone laden cowboys/cowgirls that all they talked about was their max depth and the size of their BFKs. IMHO, they tended to miss a lot of the beauty of the dive (but they still seemed to be having fun:)). OTOH, diving the walls & pinnacles of the Palancar dives in Coz requires a bit of depth and those are wonderful dives. The first time I popped out of a sand chute at 100 ft. at Bloody Bay in Little Cayman and looked back and saw the light cresting the top of The Wall was mesmerizing. IMHO, Some dives require a bit of depth to get the right "angle" for the view. No macho required. :D Safe diving.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom