First weekend out diving BP/W...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KG Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First things first; I will just echo what most, if not everyone, has said about doing business with DSS...some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Called up Tobin and spent probably 20 or so minutes with him. That time was mostly on him telling me what I need for my diving needs and talking me out of what I thought I wanted but really didn't need. Four days later, a package shows up at my door; Hog harness, Med Steel BP, and an LCD20 wing.

Fast forward several weeks, I finally get the chance to hit the water. Let's star with the good.

Out of the box, weight was pretty much on point as recommended by Tobin; I ended up adding 4lb to a belt when wearing a 3mm wet-suit and was able to maintain neutral trim at 15ft (SS) with an empty wing and 500psi in my AL80. Compared to a jacket BC, the the minimalist approach of the BP/W is simply awesome. No buckles, flaps, and all kinds of dangling crap everywhere. Most important, achieving good trim seemed MUCH easier than it was in a jacket.

Now the bad. On the last dive my wife wanted to try and dive my BP/W instead of her jacket BCD. Unfortunately I now need to call Tobin and place an order for another BP/W rig...as my wife refuses to give mine back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom