Flights to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do the bag drag often. It is hardly a pain unless you expect non-stop service at your whim. I do what I have to do but I have limits too. Non-stop or one stop flights. No 14-30 hours trip durations.

Exactly, Ron. I have paid a little more to get a non-stop to CUN and did the bag drag and still beat the time on a two leg flight to CZM. And I will trade an hour in an airline seat for an hour on the open deck of a ferry sipping a Sol any day and twice on Sundays!! My van guy recognizes me and the wife now so he just calls out to us when we exit the airport. Just no fuss at all.

I do like Mayair on the returns. The ferry van thing on the ways back just feels rushed the whole time. With Mayair, just show up a little bit before the flight and BAM you are in CUN. Last time was National Margarita Day. (Not sure what country adopted that....) Anyway, couple of them takes the edge of the ridiculous prices at Margaritaville in the airport. They do make a nice guac though.....

I do the bag drag all the time and never have any problem.The trip over to Cozumel costs about $25.00 each way.Just remember travel light,pay in pesos and handle your own stuff.When you buy airfare make sure you factor in bag costs and compare different carriers.I think the bag drag is painless and allows me to make a couple extra trips to Cozumel every year.

We flew Air Tran direct, round trip from Denver to Cancun for $488 x two..... So... add that up and weep! I get about $665 per person, and the bag drag adds minimum 2 hours to your travel time at each end!

The way I see it, you paid about $50 each for the CUN option. Baggage fees do not count against DEN-CUN. Choosing a more expensive way to get to PDC was optional. All the tips...I will add $10 for your case...zero for me (carry-on only).

Look at it how you wish but be objective. I have saved $250 by going to CUN versus non-stop to CZM. If the difference were $100 USD or less, I would go to CZM. Between $100 and higher...not sure where I would pay more to go non-stop or one-stop to CZM versus CUN.

Interesting thread. I have never been to Coz or Playa or Cancun to dive and have been contemplating going this fall/winter. However, I will look closely at the air fare and total cost of the trip compared to what it would cost to do the same trip to Fiji where the exchange rate makes everything other than air fare pretty darn affordable.

I always look into flying into/out of Cozumel, but price and schedule + baggage fees (USAir - gag) lands me in Cancun almost every time. The way I see it - when I land I'm officially on vacation, so riding the bus to PdC and crossing over on the ferry is all part of it. I do make a point of scheduling an afternoon flight back so I'm not crazy rushing back to Cancun or having to spend the night there for an early AM flight on the return. Maybe someday on Maya Air. I'd love to sightsee on that one.

I do make a point of scheduling an afternoon flight back so I'm not crazy rushing back to Cancun or having to spend the night there for an early AM flight on the return.

Good point. I have overnighted in Cancun because of an early morning flight back. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom