Flights to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We haven't fly direct to Cozumel from IAH Houston in a few years. Our family of 4 divers have both flew direct non-stop on Continental, Aeromexico, ATA, or whoever FunJet charters their flights thru. But seems like the past 2 -3 yrs, air fares has consistently been in the mid to high $400's. Way too much for our family of 4. So usually over $2000 for us 4, just for airfare.
So we've been taking a lot of cruises. Same price. Less diving, but more bang for other vacation activities.
This fall, we've booked a Carnival cruise, out of Galveston, for 4 for a little $2000 for the week. But gets to dive in Honduras, Belize & Cozumel. Guess 3 dives for the wk is good enough for us...

---------- Post added ----------

On another brighter note. Houston will soon have SouthWest air flying down to Mexico (& hopefully non-stops into Cozumel & Cancun) out of Hobby airport. Hope that will break the United air monopoly, since United controls 98% of all flights out of IAH to Mexico, & Central & South America.
We have always loved the competition the Southwest gave to Continental in the Houston market over the years. But seems like now that United has taken over Continental, most prices has steadily increased for all markets. So SouthWest will at least initially have some great deals to Cozumel by next year!

Also, dive bags fly free on Southwest!!!

SW to Mexico still won't be for a few years, don't they have to build the terminal 1st?

SW to Mexico still won't be for a few years, don't they have to build the terminal 1st?

Terminal expansion and Customs facilities. Service is expected to begin in 2015.

We haven't fly direct to Cozumel from IAH Houston in a few years. Our family of 4 divers have both flew direct non-stop on Continental, Aeromexico, ATA, or whoever FunJet charters their flights thru. But seems like the past 2 -3 yrs, air fares has consistently been in the mid to high $400's. Way too much for our family of 4. So usually over $2000 for us 4, just for airfare.
So we've been taking a lot of cruises. Same price. Less diving, but more bang for other vacation activities.
This fall, we've booked a Carnival cruise, out of Galveston, for 4 for a little $2000 for the week. But gets to dive in Honduras, Belize & Cozumel. Guess 3 dives for the wk is good enough for us...

---------- Post added ----------

On another brighter note. Houston will soon have SouthWest air flying down to Mexico (& hopefully non-stops into Cozumel & Cancun) out of Hobby airport. Hope that will break the United air monopoly, since United controls 98% of all flights out of IAH to Mexico, & Central & South America.
We have always loved the competition the Southwest gave to Continental in the Houston market over the years. But seems like now that United has taken over Continental, most prices has steadily increased for all markets. So SouthWest will at least initially have some great deals to Cozumel by next year!

Also, dive bags fly free on Southwest!!!
My dive bud & I are flying FunJet this time due to the ridiculously high prices from IAH to CUN ($1000 right now). We used to fly Funjet back and forth to the Fla. Keys for sailing several years ago and never had problems, so I thought I would check them for this trip. Booked ours over 1 month ago. Theirs are all charter flights through different airlines. It's AeroMexico this trip ($513). Funjet Vacations - Packages to Mexico, Caribbean, Las Vegas, Hawaii...

Come on Southwest!!​

My dive bud & I are flying FunJet this time due to the ridiculously high prices from IAH to CUN ($1000 right now). We used to fly Funjet back and forth to the Fla. Keys for sailing several years ago and never had problems, so I thought I would check them for this trip. Booked ours over 1 month ago. Theirs are all charter flights through different airlines. It's AeroMexico this trip ($513). Funjet Vacations - Packages to Mexico, Caribbean, Las Vegas, Hawaii...

Come on Southwest!!​

I just checked IAH to CUN on Matrix and you can fly some dates in June for between 400 and 600. July about anytime at 450.

I see hurricane season is finally bringing the prices from Seattle down. A little. It's still over $200 more to fly direct to Cozumel though, kinda makes me wish I didn't find that direct deal last year, it spoiled me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom