Flights to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The answer clearly is: Stay LONGER and average the cost down per vacay day!

That's exactly my mindset. We booked Invasion with airfare at $750 PP. I said, "We ought to stay another week". So we booked SCC for the following week. The chilling effect of these price increases and service decreases, will inevitably have an effect on vacation travel. Travel industry folks should be seriously concerned. Here's a thought: How about a major travel industry corporation leasing their own aircraft? Imagine an airline with a model of satisfying customers and keeping them happy?

I wish Carnival would offer split cruises. For example, leave out of Houston, get to Cozumel / Montego Bay or Cayman a couple days later and then get off for a week. Pick it back up and go home. I wouldn't mind paying $600 a head for that because you'd have a few days at sea having a nice ( for some ) time.

Also on the news tonight they said airlines are going to start charging extra for window and aisle seat. 25.00 each way
IMO they need to be regulated this is going to far.

Want to sit by your wife pay extra
Want to sit by your child pay extra
You family members get stuck sitting by a creep alone ( TO BAD ) you should have paid extra

Charging to use the restroom coming this fall

Excuse my rant but I needed to vent.

Soon they will be charging for the air you breathe on the flight :rofl3:, but seriously this is getting out of hand.

Soon they will be charging for the air you breathe on the flight :rofl3:, but seriously this is getting out of hand.

scuba divers probably would not complain - we are used to paying for air.

We flew Air Tran direct, round trip from Denver to Cancun for $488 x two. We had 2 carry ons and 3 checked bags, so $65 for bags each way. We opted for easy at Cancun, and took the cab and/or van to/from Cancun and Playa Del Carmen $60 each way (included a tip). We could have taken the bus for about $40 total instead of $120 total that the cabs cost. We had help with the bags at the airport (each way) and at the Playa ferry terminal (each way), so that's $20 in tips on the mainland. The ferry was about $14 per person each way, so about $56 for the round trip. Oh, I almost forgot! There was entertainment on the ferry, and the musicians work for tips only, so we watched the locals and tipped the musicians about $3 each way. We also had help with the bags in Cozumel, so another $5 tip when we arrived in Cozumel. The taxi from the Cozumel ferry terminal to Villa Blanca hotel is 70 pesos, so with tip, about $8 each way. So... add that up and weep! I get about $665 per person, and the bag drag adds minimum 2 hours to your travel time at each end! I will think about this trip next time I am looking at flights to Cancun or Cozumel! There are no direct flights to Cozumel from Denver from May through November as far as I know!

Hello, was wondering if anyone noticed a huge price increase in flights to cozumel.

And don't forget that certain airlines will be cutting back on the number of flights to CZM per week soon. I know United always drops their daily flight (Mon thru Friday) around the middle of July/Aug (they don't announce it in advance), just leaving Saturday and Sunday flights.

When I was searching the other day and it looked like they were even cutting their Sunday flight as nothing would come up at their direct web site search for Sunday flights pushing out in Aug/Sept and on. So that just leaves one flight coming and going per week for United. This is the same thing they have been doing in Bonaire (Continental), but in Bonaire I believe they only have one flight per week (Saturday) all year round. The Bonaire resort operators push you to go to Curacau (sp) but then you are right back to the small commuter airline with very little (and heavily enforced) baggage limits.

So if they squeeze you on the number of flights per week and keep raising the cost what do you think the results will be.

I keep saying that the Hotel/Resort community HAS to get involved and put pressure on the airlines. IMHO they have a ton of clout where the passengers have virtually none. It takes a lot of flights to fill all the rooms and dive boats, especially in a relatively remote destination like CZM.

It wouldn't cost the Resort community in CZM much (as a whole group) to guarantee the airlines to fill the planes by offering discounts and deals (especially if they use IAH as the hub, since there is no problem getting to IAH). They will have to do it anyway if the airlines keep raising prices and restricting flight days. I'm sure the resorts would rather have the people on the island rather than trying to figure out how to get them there, which is almost impossible if there aren't any flights.

Mayair is cheap if you fly into CUN but if they start inforcing their restrictive baggage weight allowance the cost will go up real fast at $3.00 per kilo extra. Those small planes have very limited cargo capacity.

As much as I enjoy going to CZM, I will never return if I have to do the bag drag to get there.

You know I think Airtran / SW seems to be expanding MX wise. Airtran used to run just one non-stop Baltimore to Cancun. Now they have two.

As much as I enjoy going to CZM, I will never return if I have to do the bag drag to get their.

I do the bag drag often. It is hardly a pain unless you expect non-stop service at your whim. I do what I have to do but I have limits too. Non-stop or one stop flights. No 14-30 hours trip durations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom