Floating Log Safety Marker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great concept. Just to refine it a little farther consider substituting the log for one of these:

View attachment 403462

Engineering one of those plastic "mines" with water jets coming out of the spikes for the incurably-curious-stick-poking-unknown-objects-crowd.

And big clock that starts ticking at first poke.

Maybe if you got a really large log that looked like this people will stay VERY far away Eeewwww. :vomit:

Last edited:
"Here is is......It's no big deal"................... Caddyshack.

Engineering one of those plastic "mines" with water jets coming out of the spikes for the incurably-curious-stick-poking-unknown-objects-crowd.
And maybe a really loud ticking clock inside?

As far as know, these days you would be more likely to find "influence mines" which have all kinds of sensors in them. I do know the U.S. Navy loves the magnetic type mines that detect a unique magnetic signature which trip them.

I like the mines with an acoustic trigger that then go hunting the target.

Bob

Here's the U.S. version.
99e202732e45569d46fc9cb77177fb83.jpg

After listening to all the great suggestions, I think the log version may be best, as it would definitely tend to keep boaters away, yet NOT generate curiosity.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom