Florida liveaboard? February 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you just postpone the trip a few months? By June, the water is toasty and the prices are much lower and your chances of rough seas are a lot less.

You could always go to Jamacia and stay at Hedonism all-inclusive. Free scuba diving, meals, drinks, resort activities all included. I have never been but it sounds pretty good!

Hmmm, also lots of Club Meds with a great package deal.

Why don't you just postpone the trip a few months? By June, the water is toasty and the prices are much lower and your chances of rough seas are a lot less.
Because the point is to go somewhere warm in the middle of winter. If we wait a few months, then the point is kind of lost. By JUNE, the point is completely lost. Of course, if it were up to me, I wouldn't go at all....so there you go :)

Based on all the info here - I'm thinking of asking my wife if she just wants to go to Florida by herself. Then she can go to the beach or do whatever else she wants and not having to worry about diving.

Current temps are about 80 here on the gulf side (tampa offshore) already.
I thought you would dive anything above 40?? You will be fine, just get the misses a thicker wetsuit and she will be fine too.
If the saltwater doesnt sound appealing a lot of residents dive the springs in the winter, the water temp there is about 72 year round. These dive sites are mostly located in the center of the state near ocala.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom