Fluid Breathing Device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warm up some liquid oxygen in the microwave! Don't know why they keep that stuff so durn cold. Why heck, it's colder than they got Florida right now, and THATS cold! This way we could get rid of all of them thar dewers... :tease:

it is a very interesting subject liquid ventilation.
I was at a seminar on this very topic.
from a divers point of view:
they stated that they could not do this today, BUT
the russians have made studies on this topic since atleast the 60s and they had showed a film on dogs. where the dogs where
preasuered in a preasure chamber filled with oxygenised liquid.
they showed human tests. And that they where almost ready to make a rescue tank for the ppl in submarines, a liquid ventilation tank, where one had to intubate oneself to use the tanks.
The doctor in charge of this seminar was very exited about this...
today (if i did not totally missinterpret the doctor) its mostly used in medical cases where there is some sort of lung trauma such as a colapse.
the liquids are extremely expensive here in the west, but obviously they have some sort or almost the same in russia in big storage rooms above the nuclear reactors so in russia its not that expensive due to the ammounts made.

very interesting subject

Dear Hobbs:

Thanks for the very interesting update on this topic. I was not aware of the Russian studies.

Dr Deco :doctor:

I enjoyed the movie alot and credit Mr James Cameron for doing a hell of a job on what i consider to one of the best movies portraying diving and diving technologies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom