Focusing issues with the C-7070

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinman:
Fota,

Did you drill that hole in your DS125 difuser or do they come that way over there? Mine both have no hole and it seriously limits the usefulness of using them as a focus light.

Terry

Hi Terry,

First to avoid any misunderstanding, the photo of the screen is the output of the focus lamp with fisheye diffusor. Not the DS-125.

Yes I drill that hole in my DS125, it was because without the hole just as you write, the position light can't be spotted, which makes it useless both as a position light and as a focus light. Now that I've got the ikelite miniC focus light setup I will of course not use the DS125 as a focus light, but it can still be useful to use its position light to see exactly where the strobe will positioned.
Now if it's useful to use a diffuser on the DS125 strobe, or not is still a mystery to me.
Maybe if will simply make the beam too wide so that there will be more backscatter than with no diffuser? Maybe it depends on tons of things (which?). Maybe it's good for super macro but not for anything else? etc!
Any comments are very welcome (even though maybe we should start a new thread for this :wink:)!

/Fota

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom