Following On From The Air Sharing Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Recorded this video whilst doing a deco stop above the Yolanda.

The comments on the video are mine and I don't think they are harsh.

Thoughts?

[video=youtube;sxRRzZ_d9DY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxRRzZ_d9DY[/video]

Wow that was scary! I would never advocate that! Did you notice how low his tank was mounted? It could loosen a little and fall right out.

It looks like a great guided dive for everyone involved- the DM has eyes like a hawk! Did everyone see the Bighorn Nembrotha nudi at 0:46? :D

OMG. Nothing needs to be said.

And does that last diver in the pack have a hat on underwater?

Kinda makes you wonder, was he born that stupid or does he take pills? The tank on his back appears to be empty and as DD said mounted low. If it comes free I'll bet the excrement will hit the fan. Now the big question, WHY?

OMG scary
(a) The Tourist was definitely positively buoyant, he/she was struggling from going up. DM/Instructor sharing air should have ensured neutral buoyancy. no?
(b) I thought when you share air, it is a good idea to hold the person he/she can rip octo right off
(c) didn't appear more than 30 feet, or was it ?

I like the disclaimer "not from any trg video"

Thanks for sharing Simon-

---------- Post Merged at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Did everyone see the Bighorn Nembrotha nudi at 0:46? :D

yeah! definitely , fining hard :)

however, similar time saw a Ray bottom left, wondering WTF ???

Some of the best lessons are taught from the bad examples. This little video might make for a great quiz question: After viewing the video, list as many "wrong" things as you can recall that are present in the video. We have already heard the following: Questionable tank mount; improperly weighted diver, continung dive with shared air, air donor "towing" the donee, and air donor almost pulling the reg from donee's mouth due to not being aware of donee's location and other issues. Please add to the list.
DivemasterDennis

:sinq:

Technique could have been better but I didn't see any cause for alarm.

Guess one finished off he air and the second wanted to enjoy the dive.

I know someone who did this - and later on went and got 15L Steel.

I saw no indication that the event involved an OOA incident. In fact, I would assume there was no OOA incident based on their behavior. While buoyancy control may not have been perfect, I saw no indication that improper weighting was involved. And, while having a regulator pulled from your mouth is not one of those things every diver should eagerly look forward to, it is one of those thing that may happen so divers are trained to deal with such an event and must demonstrate the regulator recovery skill in order to be certified.

Back
Top Bottom