Fool's April MegaDive, April 1st-3rd 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who want a smilie:

:springmega:

Signature Code: [URL="http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-florida/364891-fools-april-megadive-april-1st-3rd-2011-a.html"]:springmega:[/URL]

Thanks for the Banner Pete

Hi gang sorry for not posting more in this event but I been busy with another event you may have seen or heard about. :D

We are 29 days from Megadive and I just got GALAXY dive material :D
Can you say

I'M GETTING EXCITIED!!!!

Lets make this the biggest and best MegaDive yet!!!!!
Remember that Ginnie Spring is giving us a 10% discount on camping and diving but you must tell them you are there for the event.

Congrats on the new Job Ken, bummer on your lack of attendance...looks like I'll have to recruit some help for the planned 'pranks'...wait, what pranks, that's crazy talk...'random, completely unplanned events..which no one can be blamed for...except the otters.'

But seriously Ken, you have to show, even if for a little bit. Without my dive buddy somebody might try to convert me to the dark side. I hear they have cookies. With spare cookies for redundancy.

MAJOR CHANGES!!!! I have a new job which unfortunately kills my megadive attendance! I work Friday evening to late, and Saturday midday. I may have Holly and kids come out with me Saturday morning, leaving them onsite while I setup camp for the night and head in to work. Then I'll be back after dark for festivities. Sunday I am off work so I'll be there for Brekkie possibly both days.

CONGRATS on the job :D
I hope things will workout and the MegaDive gods allow you more time,

FYI-Eggs cooked in a bag are closer to "sous-vide" eggs than an omelet.
Cancer anyone?

The trips sounds like a good time(Minus the eggs.).
Wish I could go.

FYI-Eggs cooked in a bag are closer to "sous-vide" eggs than an omelet.
Cancer anyone?

The trips sounds like a good time(Minus the eggs.).
Wish I could go.

We are well aware of this issue and thats why we use the correct baggies.

To bad you can't make this event, it's always a blast and leaves me counting the days until the next gathering.

WARNING! OXYGEN CAUSES CANCER IN LAB RATS! My schedule may actually cause me to get back to camp later than 8pm. I will be there for a short while in the morning, then back at night, for the night. Sunday seems like it will be my day this year. :(

Sounds like a lot of time for night dives though.

just left ginnie after 8 days of amazing diving,, have fun and be safe folks,, wish i could come back,, next year :)

Megadivers Attending and Food List
To add your name... Hit quote on the latest food list, then once your in reply mode, delete the quote part off the front and end of the message. Then you can type your info in and repost.

Cardzard and Roxanne - Chicken drums and wings, A cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. Glow stixs for Galaxy Dive.
joystershell & MegaMikey - For breakfast; (2) dozen MegaMuffins, (2) half gallons of Orange Juice and (2) dozen eggs.
scubaman05 and Denise - Propane tank, burner and cooking pot.
Heath and Jim Sapp - Eggs, cheese, wraps and dessert for dinner.:D
Tao of the Dive and family (3) -
UCF Diver + 1 -
Deep Sea Wolf And Family ? -
BgDaddy and Big Mama - paper plates & plastic utensils. I will also be bringing a propane stove that the masses will be welcome to use. If I'm in one of my (rare) good moods, I might even make a big pot of chili or something on Friday night.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self-starting)
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic "silver"ware (we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don"t forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Fire Wood (for the camp fire)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom