For Michelle who left us May 17, 2003 Diving Farnsworth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so sorry about your loss of your daughter. I just read the past posts about it. May you find comfort and peace.

Rosie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for having the strength to post about Michelle here to not only keep her memory alive, but also to remind us to take every precaution we can for our own safety and the safety of our buddies. May God grant you peace.

Mrs Davies,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. I wasn't a diver then so did know of the story until now. I do hope you take some comfort in knowing she was doing something that she loved to do. Though it doesn't make the grief or loss any easier I know.

It does re-inforce what I believe a poster said on the initial thread. Diving is so risky but when properly trained, is so much fun. But insta buddies can be very scary. For both the experienced diver and non experienced diver. I've been in both. As the newbie put with an experienced person and feeling like I had to fend for myself because they were used to diving solo. That person got me in a couple of situations and I would never dive with him again. And then because of being a newbie, being very insecure of myself in that situation and almost panicking. I almost gave up diving. I was that close. If it wasn't for BP from Eco, I'm not sure I would be diving anymore.

All I have to say to everyone is: Pick your buddies carefully. And for the experienced matched up with a newbie, be careful. They are relying on your experience to help them out. And for the newbie, discuss your dive plans very carefully and be sure they know what you can do, what your skills are and what your deficiencies are.

Mrs. Davies -

I remember reading your daughter's story years ago, and since promised to leave a tolken on the reefs of Belize, I have done so on every trip I have made since.

Your message is not lost on me. My wife and I are avid divers, and safety is always first on our minds. Michelle's story hits close to home for me, partly because my wife not only shares your daughters passion for diving, but also her name.

Thank you for continuing to share her memory, and to remind us to watch out for ourselves and our buddies.

To lose my son would put a hole in my heart that nothing and no-one could ever fill. Rosie my condolences to you and your family. I know that those only seem like words on a screen, but please know that my heart and my soul cries with you. Because of your posts I will also endeavor to always be as good a buddy diver as is humanly possible for whom ever I'm with. May peace find a way into your life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom