For the fun of it. Who's your dive op?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter and I started going to Coz about 10 years ago, right after we got our cards. Our first trip we stayed at Hotel Coz and went with Dive Paradise, basically for the only reason that our dive instructor here in TN recommended them. 10 years and 150+ dives later, we're still staying at the same place and going primarily with the same operator. Their dive shop is right across the street from the hotel, which is a major convenience, and they have small fast boats for two-tankers in the morning, at a price that's just a few dollars more than the bigger cattle boats. Very little turnover in their staff and DM's (Matu, Giovanni, Hymie, all those other guys have been around since we started and they're all good). The only drawback is that their afternoon dives are very limited if you want just a one-tanker. You're on a big boat and you're going to one of two reefs right near the hotel, and that's it. So our last trip we decided to go with Aldora on a few twilight two-tank dives and we were impressed. It took us a while to get used to all that weight on our backs with the steel tanks, but the significantly increased dive times made it worth it. They're expensive though, much more so than Dive Paradise. We're headed back in January and we'll go with both of them again.

We used to be big Blue Magic fans, but it changed in ways I didn't like after Joyce left. At this point, what we really do is dive wherever Sandro Huerta is working. Currently, that's Deep Blue.

November 3, 2012 Aldora Divers...Great OP....love those steel 120's. Yucab Night Dive, Palancar Horseshoe, Cedral, Devils Throat, Palancar Caves & Bricks, Paraiso.

Have also used Aqua Safari, Dive Paradise, Deep Exposure and Anita Divers.

My favorite private instructor and guide Rolando Montaner-Fontaine who use to own Dive Cozumel, but now we use Anita Divers.

Thanks,

Stan

Been to Cozumel three times now, and hoping to make it a 4th in March. All three previous trips have been to Scuba Club, and if it works out, the 4th will be as well. As others have noted, lots of great dive ops, but I am one who tends to stick with something if I like it.

Scuba Club impressed me right from day one. Feels like home when I go back. :)

Divegoose

This is great! Thanks so much for chiming in!

Keep 'em coming!

For many yrs I went with Sergio @Aquatic Sports. Learned how to make the best guacamole with them. Still a great choice in my opinion.
I have dived with Blue Angel- Excellent! Deep Exposure- Excellent! My current favorite is Opals Dream.

Reactions: eab
Where ever Hector Reyes is working........

Attachments

• IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF1607.jpg
    DSCF1607.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0441.jpg
    DSCF0441.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 103
I like my guys at Dive paradise. They know me and I know them. I feel comfortable with them. I have gotten to know Apple and some of the DM very good. If im on a cattle boat gives us time to catch up. As said earlier for a few dollars more you can get a fast boat- just have to have four to make a boat- as a lot of op's do.

We've been diving with Blue~XT~Sea since about 2003. No one else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom