For the "Golden" Divers on the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you really thing the young ones will want to intrude on our forum? You don't have any grandchildren, do you?
Actually yes I do, but he's still very young! :D

I think that there are probably topics that people might find it easier to talk about discretely. An open forum means that literally anyone, via a Google search or whatever, can read along with whatever it is - they don't even have to be a board member or diver.

And yeah.......sometimes people can't resist the smart-ass comment that we can probably do without. :eyebrow: (although we'll probably have a few of them from some of our own..... :D)

I'm not sure if the younger ones need to be confronted with thread titles that indicate how many times a night I need to pee or whatever.

Okay. I'll stay out for 4 more months...

Then I'll start a thread..."Hydrating properly without having to get up every hour the night before the dive".
If you've got good ideas on that one you can come in right now! :D

I'm not sure if the younger ones need to be confronted with thread titles that indicate how many times a night I need to pee or whatever.

A good dose of reality is good for them. Pee - often. Whatever - not as much any more.:shakehead:

Pee - often. Whatever - not as much any more.:shakehead:
It gets less?

Seriously though...... I think that just a little privacy might help some folks who are already reticent about mentioning stuff. There's probably things that are actually quite common that folks might not realize when it first starts happening to them.

Getting older doesn't come with a users manual - it's a bit of a learn on the job experience.

There's always Vintage Divers, Not to be confused with Vintage Equipment Divers

Or "Golden Age Divers" ?

As for the need for a private forum, - I don't think the Women's Views forum has a big problem, does it? And it's open. I could go either way.

I just kind of wandered into this thread. Do I get ot join? I'm 68 and have been sloshing around in the worlds waters since about 1957. At present I'm working on my dive master cert and I expect to get in a couple of months. Passed the stamina testing last week so I guess I ain't too decrepit. :)

Capt D

Maybe 68 is the new 30?

You go boyeeeee!

I've always said age is a state of mind, not just numbers.

Do you really thing the young ones will want to intrude on our forum? You don't have any grandchildren, do you?

I have one and another in a month or so...
Three things about turning 50
1. never leave home without taking a leak first
2. never waste a ....never mind that one....
3. never trust a fart.

Back
Top Bottom