For Those Contemplating a BP/W Setup…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
And you’re obsessing about how hard the transition might be from a traditional BCD… just do it. Took my first backplate on the Philippines trip. Set it up on a table, checked out the fit in a mirror and adjusted a couple times, jumped in the water with it, and was amazed at how much of a non event the first dive was. By the end of the first hour, I already preferred it.

Bpw's are so much better in the water.

Instantly better trim and less weight. No real transition, they are no harder to dive.

Only downside, is some boats have ignorant racks.

The ones that drop your rig too low and pinch flat the wing. I hate those.

Just give us a flat wall with a clip.

Took me a couple dives to get my weight right.
I literally dive half the weight I was with a jacket.

*Copy and past OP's post here

never shall i ever go back.

I am now in the habit of tossing a few lead weights in the tank well to keep my tank/wing higher in the tank hole.
Better on a weight belt otherwise it might fall out and landed on someone/your bare feet.

I am now in the habit of tossing a few lead weights in the tank well to keep my tank/wing higher in the tank hole.

I might try a beach towel chucked in there, on my next ride.

I might try a beach towel chucked in there, on my next ride.

I don't even carry a towel with me on a dive boat. One more wet/heavy thing to carry off the boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom