For those use XS Scuba weight on cam bands, how???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand why you need to use two pockets on one cam band. How much weight do you want to put up there? I know you can fit a solid five pound weight into one of those pockets.

For balance. I have four pockets on two bands.

I have try a few ways described here. None work out too well. let me describe what I need and what is my situation.

This weekend, I found myself leg heavy big time. I have 20lb belt above hip. Idealy, I want like to **** 2lb or 4 lb from weight belt up onto the upper cam band. Two things are making this difficult.

First it is the DR cam band with SS buckle. It is just too long. No matter how much I put the buckle toward one side, there is no way I can have the end velcro securely with the xs pocket on. I am trying to track down some clamps to clamp down the end of the cam band on top the the weight pocket, but so far, I haven't found anything.

2nd item is the Oxycheq wing. when inflated (even partially), it leaves no gap between the wing and the tank. sliding weight pocket on is not a easy task especially if I want to place the pocket close to the plate. It seems when I inflate the wing, it will push the pocket out. Anyone here use Oxycheq wing with weight on cam band? Please comment on how you do it.

My Oxycheq 18# wing and my wife's DR Travel wing both make contact with thye weights on the cam bands. But I don't see any problem with that.

I you want both weight pockets on the upper band (where it sounds like you need them, you will either have to modify that DR cam band or swithch to an older style Scubapro strap. Even with the Scubapro strap, it is a bit of work getting it set up initially.

First it is the DR cam band with SS buckle. It is just too long.

<snip>

2nd item is the Oxycheq wing. when inflated (even partially), it leaves no gap between the wing and the tank.

I'm using the same cam bands, and with a 7.25" diameter tank (like an AL80) about 1-2" of the velcro is not attached. No problems in 40 or so dives.

As for gap between wing and pocket; as long as you let most of the air out of the wing before you try to put a tank on it shouldn't be in the way. Once the tank is on, having no gap should be fine - inflating the wing won't move the weight pocket.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom