Force Fins - my experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they have closed heel variants? Can't seem to find any (tropical diver - I hate booties)

Hi Zeeman

The FF Pros I have are the open toe pocket, and I gather that is inherent to the FF design.

You can dive barefoot with them, I bought a set of the comfort insteps for that purpose - and they work very well. I use a set of Finis lycra wet socks when I do that, it's been a comfortable experience.

ordered a pair pros today. Should arrive in a week.

Enjoy, they'll be a welcome change. I'm looking through the pics from the recent dive trip to Belize - they do look so much like fish fins on the feet. It's such a departure from the prevailing norm.

For the more technically inclined, there's something I am very curious about - why does Bob Evans not use computers in his design work?

Lloyd De Jongh - Great to hear about your experience with Force Fins and to also have a chance to hear unsolicited customer feedback. Thanks for sharing!

Zeeman- A lot people do use FORCE FINS with out booties or with a thin aqua sock. Refer to the sizing chart on Force Fin Swim Fins or this link Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart - you can even call us and we can talk about your options.

Good Luck and safe diving! The design creates efficiency in the most Natural WAY.

If you size the foot pocket down you don't need anything, not even the comfort instep thing. I used to have a pair of Pro's in size large which fit my bare foot perfectly. I have size 13 foot, but my father is also using the same size to swim in the pool and they fit him well, although a little loose (size 11), looking back I should have gotten him the ML.

I really appreciate how comfortable they are like this. When I finally save up enough to buy a set of foils to replace the Pros that a friend "borrowed" I am planning on doing the same thing and sizing them for tropical barefoot diving.

Oh, and Blair, posting after midnight on a Sunday night, that is some dedication to the cause!

Zeeman- A lot people do use FORCE FINS with out booties or with a thin aqua sock.

==========================================

I deliberately ordered mine so that I could wear a soft sole neoprene "flipper slipper". Personally I like having something on my feet when walking around on the dive deck. I actually can wear mine barefoot but choose to wear a thin fin sock to increase the overall comfort (thermal and tactile) when diving. After a dive, when I take my Force Fins off I still have something on my feet to climb the ladder.

I have flat feet which bother me and I often wear orthotics in my booties and it makes a big difference in comfort in walking around the deck. It is very rocky where we live and it can be an adventure if I dive from the backyard so, I have to watch out for my wimpy feet and knees.
Tomorrow we are diving and it should be great.

I'm taking a new pair of Extra Force to Cozumel for a week; I'm looking fwd to the weird stares. Should be cool. I've never dived with them before.

Are you using the standard urethane or did you go with the TanDelta's?

either way I am sure that you are going to love them, they are great fins, and wow can they move. If you have whiskers on them you are going to be amazed how much they really change the feel of the fin, don't be afraid to play with them mid dive.

Lloyd De Jongh - Great to hear about your experience with Force Fins and to also have a chance to hear unsolicited customer feedback. Thanks for sharing!

Good Luck and safe diving! The design creates efficiency in the most Natural WAY.

Hi Blair

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's great to interact with representatives from a company who take such an interest.

The fins are good, and they won't be my last pair. Do you offer advice for dealing with the odd looks and the inevitable "What are those?!?!" comments :wink:

To repeat a previous question, why no computers used in the design? I would like to know more about the philosophy behind that.

Regards

Lloyd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom