forcefin2020 Youtube channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob had reminded me of a great photo that was taken of Harvey Barnett and his team in the 80's when they were conducting tests using Force Fins. This photo is a part of history and I look forward to getting more details from Dr. Harvey Barnett about the equipment they used ,their findings and who was involved. It really shows what level they went to collect data.
Harvey%20Barnett-testing.jpg

When Dr. Harvey Barnett talks about Force Fins I am glued to every word. He has vast amounts of experience in the water and an incredible knowledge on water safety. We are very thankful for his support and extremely proud of his work.

From the Force Fin video vault comes some historic footage shot decades ago documenting the Sperm Force and it's various blade designs. A Force Fin whose propulsion is based on frequency and it is -YES- called the Sperm Force!
sperm_force_be.jpg
sperm_force_be.jpg

Bob has always has told me," This fin will not have the power to pull another diver off the bottom and to the surface, but if you are neutral and trimmed light or Freedivng - these fins will rip you through the water!"

As Bob Evans has been in a constant creative state, continually working toward making a true aquatic fin, so be sure to stay tuned for more Force Fins from the past and present that no one has never been seen before.

Video footage shot and provided by Steven M. Barsky

Last edited:
very cool indeed :)
nice to see it in action. now all i need is an OPS and an excellerators video :)
are you ever planning on releasing it to the public ?

bob,
1. im not coming near a pair of force fins of any kind until im a good enough diver (im a man of my word).
2. im a pretty good climber and i managed climbing some while staying (and diving) in koh samui, and me and my father used to climb up anchors and pull ourselves to the boat while in croatia (we actually made some money from a bet with a guy who said we couldnt :)).
3. i want to see a video of the excellerators and the OPS in action :)

Blair, what's up I discovered this clip Ocean Futures Society and Force Fin and all most jumped out the window. This video has been up for one week...did you tell me and I was running around not listening??? Thank you Ocean Futures and Blair Mott. See you Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw it and its a good video that sheds some light on this design :)
you can see the difference between the polyurethane and the tan delta fins at some part.
my favorite bit was the dolphin kick demonstration :)

Back
Top Bottom