Fosters West Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks,
Any opinions or recent experience with Fosters West Bay? Tripadvisor reports seem to be varied.
Looking for a family friendly place on preferably on West Bay. May or may not want a kitchen. (We can't seem to decide whether we will want to cook or not).
2 divers / 2 non-divers in our family.

Thanks for any recent info.

We stayed at Las Rocas in West Bay and loved it...

Some other West Bay options that might work for your mixed group.

Infinity Bay has a great pool and the beach in front is off limits for passing water taxis, would be a good option if you wanted to cook alittle. VRBO is a good place to look for there and also West Bay Village which is located next door, both on the beach.

Bananarama is a family style resort which is quieter now than during the earlier part of the year and offers low key entertainment most nights, West Bay Lodge is another place people rave about, not on the beach but does have a pool and good island style restaurant.

And Fosters, is more island style and affordable, have heard mixed reviews.

I'm working down here if you want further info. on the beach.

Good luck

Fosters is definitely more affordable - and price is a concern. I read reviews on tripadvisor and they are definitely mixed. I tend to place more value in reviews here on SB than on tripadvisor, but havent seen anything recent here, thus the reason for my post.
Thanks.

We stayed there a few years ago. The room was a little tired but generally OK. No issues with hot water, A/C etc. the food at the restaurant was pretty good. We dove with Amemone and had a great time but I understand the young ladies are no longer running the shop.

We did a condo through VRBO last spring that was just up from Las Rocas. That was reasonably affordable and very nice. We dove with Amemone again and it didn't seem that Fosters had either improved or deteriorated.

Bananarama is a family style resort which is quieter now than during the earlier part of the year and offers low key entertainment most nights

Don't know much about Fosters, but we did stay at Bananarama a few months ago (also on West Bay Beach). We were a mixed group of divers and non-divers. We found the "resort" to be excellent. It's pretty low key, clean, reasonably priced, with quite a few amenities (food, drinks, diving, entertainment, etc all in one spot). We slept four in our bungalow.

I shot a bit of topside video on our trip, which includes many scenes around Bananarama and WBB (large HD file, make sure to let load for a few minutes before playing on slower connections):

[vimeo]19706695[/vimeo]

We just found a nice condo in Infinity Bay - pretty good price for the place.
Now if we can just find someone to rent our week on Maui we'll be completely happy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom