Found an underwater camera: need help finding owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to check for a S/N when I get back home later this week.

I think instead it would be more productive to contact them, and explain the circumstances. The registration information would contain the information needed to contact them, and the company could do so, and ask them to contact tcpip95 to arrange return.

Leading with a bluff may get them to shut down if they see though it, and leave you without a lead. It is a good idea to contact support, though!

I think instead it would be more productive to contact them, and explain the circumstances. The registration information would contain the information needed to contact them, and the company could do so, and ask them to contact tcpip95 to arrange return.

Leading with a bluff may get them to shut down if they see though it, and leave you without a lead. It is a good idea to contact support, though!

Yeah, I agree.

If the product is registered, have the company give the owners your phone number so they can contact you. It's more likely to get their assistance since they don't have to disclose anything.

Bob

Well, I've heard back from Disney, they requested more information (tcpip95, please check your 'conversations'), but said they're willing to help.

Hey all,

Well, I'm back at square 5. I'm not sure, but after a few days of conversation with Disney, and some great help from tcpip95 in getting the info they asked for, their lost and found department asked me to have the camera sent to them.

Sigh... No, I don't think so.

So, this is where we are. We know that they were on the Disney Fantasy, on the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise. They dived at Red Sail Scuba in Grand Cayman, and the employee in the picture last worked Disney Cruises in October.

We're looking for any more ideas on where to go from here. The only idea I have is to ask Red Sail (who doesn't get personal information about the cruise guests) to post a message on their social media in the hopes that that family may be friends with them.

Please let us know, and if you have Facebook, please repost the Facebook page that tcpip95 posted.

Thanks.

One other interesting point in the dialog that T.C. had with Disney is that apparently someone contacted their Lost & Found regarding a similar situation - sounds like somebody lost a camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom