Found GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I found a lost GoPro camera last night while diving the pilings at Harbor Lights/Dickman Mill in Tacoma on Ruston Way. The way the currents behave around there, it could have been lost most anywhere. By the rust on the hinge and some other clues, it's been there a while. If it's yours and you can tell me something about it, I would love to get it back to its owner.

It's not mine but I want to thank you for doing the right thing. Not many people in the world would try and return something that was found.

Truthfully, I don't know any other way to be.

Follow-up: To whom it may concern, the camera still works. It seems to be in perfect shape. I'd really like to get it back to its rightful owner.

---------- Post added December 15th, 2013 at 10:07 PM ----------

A tad more info: the files on the disc in the camera are dated August 5. So it's been down there for a while. It looks like these guys were snorkeling rather than diving, so that might explain a few things. In any event, I'd really like to get this back where it belongs. If worse comes to worst, I'll keep it (aw, darn) but I want to exhaust all other possibilities first.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

The owner has been found. I love it when the system works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom