Found off Pompano: Weight pouch, tickle stick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like someone had a noob-fest out there.

This Saturday morning (yes, in and amongst the bacterial bloom) I found one of those "quick release" weight pouches with a single soft weight-bag in it off of the ledge in Pompano. Describe it better and it's yours. (Why do people use those things???) I left the weight on the plateau... I'm sure it's still there if you want it.

About 50 feet later, on the same ledge, I found a tickle-stick and its attached lobster measurer. Describe it better, too, and it is yours.

That is all.

I think I saw the same pouch several weeks ago on the second reef just north of Commercial Pier. I was too heavy to bother bringing back.

Looks like someone had a noob-fest out there.

This Saturday morning (yes, in and amongst the bacterial bloom) I found one of those "quick release" weight pouches with a single soft weight-bag in it off of the ledge in Pompano. Describe it better and it's yours. (Why do people use those things???) I left the weight on the plateau... I'm sure it's still there if you want it.

About 50 feet later, on the same ledge, I found a tickle-stick and its attached lobster measurer. Describe it better, too, and it is yours.

That is all.

I think I saw the same pouch several weeks ago on the second reef just north of Commercial Pier. I was too heavy to bother bringing back.

Hence the weight being left there, and the expensive part brought back.

This noob-pouch was well south of the pier though. :shakehead: Makes one wonder just how many "quick release" pouches have quick-released on their owners? :14:

Now I see why BC companies keep making them - must be the same reason why certain car companies keep putting out crap - future profits! :wink:

Hence the weight being left there, and the expensive part brought back.

This noob-pouch was well south of the pier though. :shakehead: Makes one wonder just how many "quick release" pouches have quick-released on their owners? :14:

Now I see why BC companies keep making them - must be the same reason why certain car companies keep putting out crap - future profits! :wink:

Seems to me that just a few years ago I was finding quite a few weight belts, now I find pouches. I have a garage full of different type pouches. I'm just wondering why you are posting and offering to return the items. Appears to me you have a new pouch and tickle stick. Unless the pouch is pink and you are hoping to get lucky.

I'm just wondering why you are posting and offering to return the items. Appears to me you have a new pouch and tickle stick. Unless the pouch is pink and you are hoping to get lucky.

1.) I'm just trying to do a good deed here

2.) Again, I don't use them (and aren't they BC-model specific? I'd guess they cost good money to replace...). I question why anyone uses a BC over a BP/W, but that's not what the thread is about.

If I posted it in the wrong forum, please move it to a "Lost and Found" forum - it's been a long while since I've been on the site, and I couldn't find that forum when I was posting it this morning.

Is the Tickle stick yellow with a steel measure and i lost another black tickle stick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom