Fourth Diver this year dies at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to give you another point of view about the quaility of dive training and where it is going. I have been a trainer since 1972. i have worn the hat of IDEA, NASE, NAUI, and PADI. All these agency are a bit soft, compared to what they all were before. I own and operate Marthas Quarry, and have seen the better and worse trainers from all agencies. It is the quality of the person doing the training and not the card in his/her pocket that produces quality training. I have younger clients visiting Martha's quarry, and when they arrived, it was the first time they have driven on gravel. Could the thought of this, give you some vision on why the agencies are headed in the direction they are. Auto's that come with heated and cooled seats are some things I may never expieriance. My wife says I'm anticomfort. If you want the best quality training possible, look for that old gray hair guy.

Just to give you another point of view about the quaility of dive training and where it is going. I have been a trainer since 1972. i have worn the hat of IDEA, NASE, NAUI, and PADI. All these agency are a bit soft, compared to what they all were before. I own and operate Marthas Quarry, and have seen the better and worse trainers from all agencies. It is the quality of the person doing the training and not the card in his/her pocket that produces quality training.

And unfortunately agency standards are no help.

Back
Top Bottom