Frameless Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie:
It’s basically a mask that consists of the lens/tempered glass and skirt without any frame (plastic or metal). This reduces the size and weight of the mask and usually makes the internal volume very low.

...and in turn makes for a better field of vision.

Jawbone:
Been looking to buy a frameless mask. Liked the Scubapro. My lds wants $104.00 for the mask. I seen it on leisurepro for like $49 but they are out of stock. My question is I found a H2odyssey onyx frameless mask for $39.00. It looks just like the scubapro. Does anyone have this mask and is it a good alternative to the scubapro frameless? Thanks in advance. Jason
A mask is one of those pieces of gear that YOU and YOU alone should make a decision on.

People tend to buy things that other people recommend. That’s fine but don’t do that with a mask. Get what is comfortable to you and one you are happy with. A very slight simple design change can ruin the fit so try them and get one for YOU. Forget what I use.

There is only one mask, other than a FF, that I am comfortable with. I babied that thing for better than 10 years and one day some Bozo threw a tank on my gear bag shattering it.

It took two years to replace it as the model had been discontinued. So in desperation I had a lens made. It was OK but not the same. What I did find out, by thumbing through a catalog, was they did in fact discontinue that mask. But to replace it all they did was change the name on the same mask and re-market it.

15+ years ago it was over $70.00. Today it is the same mask with a new name and factor in inflation it has risen all the way to $45.00. :D

Of all the hundreds of masks out there it is the only one that will get a perfect seal over my nose garden. No two faces are alike. Size, shape and texture is unique for everyone and YOUR choice needs to be YOUR choice and nobody else’s.

Find one on your own and not what we recommend. You will be much happier.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Find one on your own and not what we recommend. You will be much happier.

Gary D.

Yea but the whole point of this thread was to give him advice about what's out there in terms of Frameless Masks. Obviously He's not gonna buy something that doesn't fit. He just wanted us to throw some options out there...which is what we did.

Actually do buy what we recomend becuase we are the actual people who have used them and we are offering unbiased opinions. Just make sure it fits. Duh. :)

There are some outstanding clones out there that match or even surpass the SP products, so you might as well think about spending considerably less than a c-note on one. For $25 - $30 you might be able to bag a decent clone, though if you do find something that feels like it was grown on your face, almost any price isn't too much. :wink:
The Poseidon 3D, while not frameless, is made out of a silicone that feels like it'll stick to your face even without a strap. Good field of vision, too. I see the one on ebay is being sold by the good folks at Morse Diving, one of the manufacturers of the legendary Mk V.

Gary, I hear ya when you talk about your favorite mask, mine was the Pinocchio, I still haven't found one that fits quite like that one did.

Hi,

I would second Bob3's comments in that the Poseidon 3D is a great mask, in fact it rate it better than all the mask I have. It's so good my that Tusa Viewtrek is now my backup and the Tusa has even better viewing angles than the Poseidon.

The guys at Morse diving are really great too, in fact I got both my Poseidon from them!

Good luck in getting the best fitting mask.

SangP

So, anyone has used SP frameless clone?

Please share your experience... Thanks in advance,

Jawbone:
Been looking to buy a frameless mask. Liked the Scubapro. My lds wants $104.00 for the mask. I seen it on leisurepro for like $49 but they are out of stock. My question is I found a H2odyssey onyx frameless mask for $39.00. It looks just like the scubapro. Does anyone have this mask and is it a good alternative to the scubapro frameless? Thanks in advance. Jason

I have 2 from WinTech - http://www.wintechsnorkeling.com/in..._id=33&zenid=3913ba048a67f4c71f9e580b8995db08

it was the best $26.50 I have spent on a mask. I also had the Halcyon frameless mask for a while until I gave it away because it always leaked.

I'm trying the dive rite frameless really soon . I have no place to try it on at , but the offer a money back thing with it . So it worth a try , especially since i cant find a mask on the island that fits me

LVX:
I have 2 from WinTech - http://www.wintechsnorkeling.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=33&zenid=3913ba048a67f4c71f9e580b8995db08

it was the best $26.50 I have spent on a mask. I also had the Halcyon frameless mask for a while until I gave it away because it always leaked.

Halcyon mask is actually ScubaPro lower end model. Futura 2. that is only sold in UK, not US market... It only fits to the narrow face.

It seems that the "Procella" frameless mask is very popular in UK market as I checked UK based forum. But, I didn't hear any review in US market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom