FREE AIR FILLS @ LeisurePro.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ravi

Registered
Reaction score
well, like 14.7psi when you buy a tank their!

i was reading the great insight on some one's post about buying gear. i see a lot of divers out here, on this sight, and i read a lot of people are buying gear on the internet. WOW!

So, if you buy gear on the internet, please reply, and tell me what you got and why you didn't get it at your LDS.

i am just wondering...
:11:

ravi, you will forgive us if we don't participate. We are weary of the torment, can there be no peace. And we find ourselves just wishing that this debate would simply cease. :11ztongue

But a hearty welcome to Scubaboard.

Well I'll bite a little!.
First off - if you consider 14.7psi an airfill you must be making very short dives. (how long can you hold your breath? :D )
On the other hand it IS enough to keep enough pressure in the tank to keep it clean!

What did I buy there? OK - lets see.
Transpac + Travel wing. Apeks DST + ATX50's, Fins, mask & wetsuit (good ones - can't remember which off the top of my head!) A couple of Genesis guage sets (metric) A couple of SK7 compasses.
Various extra's.
OK - this was actually mostly for a friend who newly cerified in Japan - I already bought my own gear in Singapore.
Why did I buy it from LP and not an LDS in Japan?
It would have cost maybe 3X as much here!!
Would I do it again?
Probably not - I have since found out that Larry at ScubaToys will match LP's prices AND give me another 10% discount (+manufacturers warranty) for being a ScubaBoard member! :D
Will I buy stuff in Japan? Tanks yes....the rest..no.

Kim:
I have since found out that Larry at ScubaToys will match LP's prices AND give me another 10% discount (+manufacturers warranty) for being a ScubaBoard member!
Hi Kim--

I also don't want to do any feeding here, but your comment interested me...

know Larry will match LP's apples-vs.-apples prices -- and has for me several times.

I also know he'll offer SB members a 10% discount, if they ask -- and has for me several times.

But I didn't know he'd both match prices and then take another 10% off -- I haven't had the guts to push him that far. Anyone have experience with that?

--Marek

Hi Marek!

Check out:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99361

I think from post #18 onwards you will find your answer! (Like I said - it was news to me too!) :D

Larry' s da Man! :dazzler1:

(I really wish he did Apeks as well - but you know what they say about looking a gift horse.........:D )

I've been doing business with LesiurePro for years. Prices have been good, everything works and they are straightforward in their advertising. I've probably saved a couple thousand buying from them instead of LDS. Getting a fill is not a problem, shipping a charged high pressure cylinder is.

I only made one purchase from LP and that's when I owned a dive shop. A customer wanted a mask that I carried but she wanted a color that I didn't have. Sales had been slow (nothing new) and the manufacturer refused to sell me anything more unless I placed an order of at least $1000 to bring my anual volume back into line with what they required.

Well, I really didn't want to lose a customer and guess what? LP only charged a couple of dollars more than it cost directly from the manufacturer. I told the custome about LP and told her that she could order it herself online. She still prefered that I get it for her so we ordered it from LP, marked it up a few bucks and the customer had her mask.

The manufacturer told me that I was going over to the enemy by buying from LP. I told they were confused and that they were the enemy.

Mike, you're a good guy !!!!

Real Question about this topic, If my lds closes, where do I get my fills?

Kim:
Hi Marek!

Check out:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99361

I think from post #18 onwards you will find your answer! (Like I said - it was news to me too!) :D

Larry' s da Man! :dazzler1:

(I really wish he did Apeks as well - but you know what they say about looking a gift horse.........:D )

Actually sometimes it's not possible... but we always try... I can guarantee we can always do at least a price match, or 10% off our listed prices.. sometimes both - a lot depends on the items. We also cannot get out of that local store mentality so we do things like buy any reg or any reg package and get a free reg bag, but a bc/reg package, and I'll toss in the gauge clips etc...

Another thing that some people don't notice, is their shipping costs get marked up on average double the actual shipping charge. When someone calls me with a price on a something or other from them, I'll pop the items in their cart then check the shipping charges. I've seen charges of $19.00 on an item that would cost $4.75 to ship.

Actually on Kim's last order he did even better... got about 5 million percent off LP pricing... Just took a while to get his stuff! :wink:

I really think this board is a great resource for divers... and I really enjoy participating out here - and I try to support the board when I can - taking ads, getting Pete out to our shop when we had our big sale event... Heck! I even fed him! And if you've met Pete - you know just recovering for that might make that extra 10% difficult! :crafty:

But if you're a board member and call me up and I'll definately do what I can to make sure you get the answers, product, and pricing that you deserve. My dad once told me, "Don't make a sale... make a customer. If you have enough customers, you'll never have to worry about your sales." Dad is a smart cookie... And I'll be flying up to surprise him on his 86th birthday in 2 weeks... Just to say thanks for the business advice. (and to get some of mom's chocolate chip cookies.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom