Free Kindle book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sure looks like it would be free, as you say,......

but to get it I would have to agree to join Kindle Prime, which ain't free.

Looks to me that paying the $3.99 asking price might be a better value to signing up for the Prime account to get it free.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2013 at 11:34 AM ----------

Yup, $79 a year for Kindle Prime.

Please hold off on buying. I have come across free book promotions before and at the time of checkout it pops up as zero dollars.
The promo doesn't start until tomorrow. I promised a free book and that is what I will get you.
Let me do some checking.

It sure looks like it would be free, as you say,......

but to get it I would have to agree to join Kindle Prime, which ain't free.

Looks to me that paying the $3.99 asking price might be a better value to signing up for the Prime account to get it free.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2013 at 11:34 AM ----------

Yup, $79 a year for Kindle Prime.

I think you mean Amazon Prime.

The Amazon Prime does cost $79, it gets you free 2nd day shipping on many items from Amazon, it get you free videos (streamed from a modest collection) and to "borrow" some Kindle books. This is different from his "free" version which is not a loan but a zero dollar purchase. The borrow deal is a marketing ploy to that hopefully leads you to later purchase the book and is offered on any Kindle book the publisher allows.

FWIW Generally I flee from these value added clubs, just like I flee supplemental warranties. I shop price and leave it simple. This is an exception. It actually did pay for itself within 3-4 months, but we are book addicts.

Looks like it is free today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom