Free Kindle book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about a 1/4 of the way through it. I'll be out of touch for the next week, but I'll post a final review when I get back. So far, it reminds me of a Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt novel. Different, but similar type of hero. More bouncing back and forth through history than a Cussler book, that's neither good nor bad just making note of it. I like the story line so far, and even though I have a vague idea where the story is going, I am probably going to be surprised.

Here's my final review. Fun, easy and enjoyable read.

I felt that it could have been longer, maybe stretch the plot out some more. You had a lot going on, good character development, but then suddenly every happened and it was over. I did enjoy bouncing through time to get the back story on the plot and the characters, but if you removed all that, the story itself was fairly short. I also felt that a final wrap up chapter was needed to show more of a conclusion rather than simply bad guys lose, good guys win, end of book.

it was definitely worth reading and the main character is one i would enjoy following.

I enjoyed the read myself, and look forward to more. One thing that had me thinking, though was how more than one of the solutions were a bit overly convenient and coincidental, but that may be completely intentional. I was not sure.

I did recommend the book to a couple of friends who love to read.

Thank you for the feedback. You have given me a lot to think about.
I hate books with page after page of what I call "filler" and there is an old saying that less is better. But perhaps I took it to the extreme.

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

Thanks for taking the time to make constructive comments. I am curious, can you give me an example of something that was too convenient? As a wannabe writer I have what I want to say in my mind, but it has to be written from the readers point of view. Sounds like something wasn't believable? If you can let me know.

For me, it was more the number of coincidences, such as both the alligator and the boating accident, each resolving situations. Both were creative touches I thought, but both in the same story pushed the credibility a bit as I saw it. Two separate villains each meeting their ends by the hands of characters entering from side stories, at least in such a short book was not quite believable. One interesting way to use that would be to cross weave the various characters in the main and side story more, before they collide, but that would require a longer book to pull off, I think.

I certainly enjoyed the read, or I would have gone back to reading about Mr Lincoln's team, which I am also enjoying reading. Yours made for a nice break in the middle of a much longer read, and was a very welcome break.

The diving in your story was a good hook for me too. As I said, I recommended to book to others, so you rang the bell with it, even if we are nit picking just a bit here. (Which I only have done because you asked for some commentary, or feedback)

Thanks for offering it to us!

Super input! Since I can't even get my family to read or critique my books I do appreciate it. I understand that I can send free titles to specific emails and I would like to do that for you and Koozemani. If you wish to provide your email to me I will try that route. Again, thanks for the honest impressions. Far from being a downer, I am thrilled.

Super input! Since I can't even get my family to read or critique my books I do appreciate it. I understand that I can send free titles to specific emails and I would like to do that for you and Koozemani. If you wish to provide your email to me I will try that route. Again, thanks for the honest impressions. Far from being a downer, I am thrilled.

if you guys liked the last one, give Rockets Red Glare a try. I liked this one better, not to crap on the last one, but the writing in Rockets Red Glare seemed more refined. Unlike my critique of the other book, Rockets Red Glare draws the story out, giving the reader plenty of info (character development, plot history, etc...) without being tedious.

Thanks for another enjoyable read.

Enjoying the book, tropicaltrader! Kind of a dirk pitt meets carl hiaasen :wink: You guys in south florida are fodder for way too much fun! So when the soldier - Bill asks Cam if "this is a re-enactment of Kelly's Heroes", I'm thinking more The Dirty Dozen. Both toss ups for my favorite war flicks :wink: Thanks again for writing this and making it available for free!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom