Free Travel Bag with Aeris package SCAM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brodgers71

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The Aeris Website claims that if you buy a BC, REG, Comp and octo.. from an Aeris dealer you get a free travel bag ($159).

What they dont tell you is that it cannt be equip that the dealer has in stock... the dealer has to order all new from factory..

BAD AERIS....NOT GOOD

New to diving and bought myself and my grifreind full aeris setup... NO BAGS...

Not a good taste in my mouth right now with Aeris... Not good Karma or the way to treat someone who hust spent a considerable amount of cash on your equipment..

hi brodgers71 - first, thank you for you purchase and second, thank you for posting this, allowing us the opportunity to clarify. At the risk of making one dealer very unhappy with me, the fact is that this is completely untrue. The last thing that we would want to do would be to discourage sales of in-stock items. Do me a favor - please PM or fax your receipt to my attention - and I'll gladly send you two new gear bags at no charge.

Fax: 510-569-5404

I am a little unclear on this. I just want to make sure I have this right:
You went to the dive shop. You told them about your interest in dive gear. You mentioned the Aeris deal, and inquired about that. You bought a qualifying reg( AT400 sport or pro), qualifying octo(airlink, gyro, or a1), comp, and BC(not listing all qualified models). At what point were you supposed to receive the bag in the transaction?
I'm just a little unclear on this. It seems to me that if the Bag It promotion were mentioned, that it is the fault of the dive shop, not Aeris. If the promotion were not mentioned at the time of purchase, it would appear that it is the purchaser's fault, ie you.
If it were mentioned to the dive shop, they should have known the restrictions of the promotion. If that is the case, they unloaded stock on you, and they owe you 2 roller duffels.
I think more info needs to be provided before anyone can blame Aeris for this one.

Here is the offer on the Aeris website.

doesn't say anything about having to special order bags not in stock.

see DiveAeris.com - Scuba Gear, Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear

Special Offer > Bag It! with a FREE Roller Duffel Bag

Receive a new Roller Duffel Bag ($159.95 value)

ABSOLUTELY FREE!

With the purchase of a qualifying life-support package from a participating Authorized AERIS Dealer

See below for details.

QUALIFYING PRODUCTS
One product from each of the following categories must be purchased as a package in order to qualify. Click HERE for a list of participating Authorized AERIS Dealers

REGULATOR
# AT400 Pro DVT
# AT400 Sport DVT

OCTOPUS
# Air Link
# Gyro Octo
# A1 Octo

COMPUTER
# CompuMask
# Epic
# Elite T3
# ATMOS ai
# Manta
# XR2 Console

BUOYANCY COMPENSATOR
# ATMOS LX
# Coral
# Contour
# Reef Rider

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer only valid on the purchase of qualifying life-support products purchased together as a package. Entire order must be purchased in a single transaction and shipped to a single address if applicable. Cannot be combined with any other offer nor is this offer valid on previous purchases. Offer good only in the USA.

From what I understand, the issue wasn't special ordering bags not in stock. The issue (as I understand, please correct if otherwise) was that the bags were made unavailable by a dealer who insisted that the gear had to be special ordered, not the bags.
The website is pretty clear on this. It seems to me that there was a mis-communication down the line somewhere.
I just hope this gets sorted out. The guy bought the equipment, he should get the bags.

Dont feel bad, I also bought the AT400 Pro, airlink, the Elite T3 ( with transmitter) and the Atmos LX, got nothing either, mind you I am in Canada and the offer is for the US only, its kinda a sore point with me, but the free bag is not what made my choice for me, while I will agree it would be nice to see something for the cash I laid out, I would even settle for a free knife for the BC or something.

From what I understand, the issue wasn't special ordering bags not in stock. The issue (as I understand, please correct if otherwise) was that the bags were made unavailable by a dealer who insisted that the gear had to be special ordered, not the bags.
The website is pretty clear on this. It seems to me that there was a mis-communication down the line somewhere.
I just hope this gets sorted out. The guy bought the equipment, he should get the bags.

Maybe post#2 will do the trick.:D

You may want to re-read post #2.

Particularly the last part where Doug already said he was going to send him the bags.

Question for Doug: Is a rep going to contact this dealer to ensure they are clear on the promo?

as a side note: It should NEVER be the consumers job to take the deal to the retailer. The retailer should be on top of ALL deals by ALL their vendors. A salesperson should be able to reference these in a binder or cheat sheet. A good salesperson should be able to give the customer the best deal they have without having to reference anything.

Maybe post#2 will do the trick.:D

TC:
You may want to re-read post #2.

Particularly the last part where Doug already said he was going to send him the bags.

Thank you, I did. I did read that the issue was taken to the manufacturer and it was solved. It should have never gotten to the point of contacting the manufacturer. The items were not bought directly from Aeris, they were bought from a shop. My point in the statement you were both kind enough to take out of context was that he fulfilled his end of the bargain, the SHOP should have upheld that end of theirs. The issue I was referring to when I said, "I just hope this gets sorted out" was the fact that an Aeris dealer is lying about their promotions. I am in no way admonishing Aeris. However, as far as I'm concerned, the issue isn't solved until OP has bags in hand, not a reply in an online forum.
300 bar, TC, in the future, I would be happy to clarify for you before you start making back-handed comments.

Back
Top Bottom