Free Travel Bag with Aeris package SCAM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But Oceanic...Doug Kruse came correct. That's great customer service in my book. I would definitly buy from them because of they handled this issue. Way to go Doug!!!

hi brodgers71 - first, thank you for you purchase and second, thank you for posting this, allowing us the opportunity to clarify. At the risk of making one dealer very unhappy with me, the fact is that this is completely untrue. The last thing that we would want to do would be to discourage sales of in-stock items. Do me a favor - please PM or fax your receipt to my attention - and I'll gladly send you two new gear bags at no charge.

Fax: 510-569-5404

From what I understand, the issue wasn't special ordering bags not in stock. The issue (as I understand, please correct if otherwise) was that the bags were made unavailable by a dealer who insisted that the gear had to be special ordered, not the bags.
The website is pretty clear on this. It seems to me that there was a mis-communication down the line somewhere.
I just hope this gets sorted out. The guy bought the equipment, he should get the bags.

TC:
You may want to re-read post #2.

Particularly the last part where Doug already said he was going to send him the bags.

Thank you, I did. I did read that the issue was taken to the manufacturer and it was solved. It should have never gotten to the point of contacting the manufacturer. The items were not bought directly from Aeris, they were bought from a shop. My point in the statement you were both kind enough to take out of context was that he fulfilled his end of the bargain, the SHOP should have upheld that end of theirs. The issue I was referring to when I said, "I just hope this gets sorted out" was the fact that an Aeris dealer is lying about their promotions. I am in no way admonishing Aeris. However, as far as I'm concerned, the issue isn't solved until OP has bags in hand, not a reply in an online forum.
300 bar, TC, in the future, I would be happy to clarify for you before you start making back-handed comments.

Out of context? Don't think so.

Lets review-
Doug said he would send the bags in post #2.
You said he was owed the bags in post #5.
300Bar and I both felt you had missed that point based on that statement.
You then go on to question Doug's honesty by saying it's not over till he has the bags in hand.

There- do I have it all straight?

I know Doug by reputation which you clearly do not, if you did you would not insult him like that in his own forum. If he says it will be taken care of it will be taken care of.

TC:
Out of context? Don't think so.

Lets review-
Doug said he would send the bags in post #2.
You said he was owed the bags in post #5.
300Bar and I both felt you had missed that point based on that statement.
You then go on to question Doug's honesty by saying it's not over till he has the bags in hand.

There- do I have it all straight?

I know Doug by reputation which you clearly do not, if you did you would not insult him like that in his own forum. If he says it will be taken care of it will be taken care of.

:rofl3::rofl3: My friend, you are obviously trolling in an effort to get me worked up. I won't bite on that account.

If Doug feels offended, I apologize. That was not my intention. I stated, multiple times, that this is not Aeris's fault, that it is in fact, the rep's fault. I commend Doug on behalf of Aeris for his customer service. I do not question his, or Aeris's honesty. However, as a customer that has had issues(elsewhere, not at Aeris), the issue is not solved until the bag is in hand. Orders get mixed up or lost, or damaged in transit, or stolen, or burned, etc. Call them accidents, or acts of God, but no matter what the intent, stuff happens. The OP's original issue is not solved until UPS(or Fedex, or USPS, or Doug in his car) brings the bags to the OP's door. This feeling is in no way a reflection on Doug, Aeris, Oceanic, Hollis, or anyone else you may want to think I am insulting.

Thanks again for the laugh, TC :wink:
-Rich

I'm trolling?

You're pretty funny too Rich.

TC a troll . . . he is one of the last people I would expect to troll on SB . . .

Doug,
Thank you for your response. I will send you my bill of sale. I do want to clarify though. It was not the dealer that gave me the info about the equipment needing to be a new order from the factory.. It was the representative from Aeris at customer support when I called.. Once again Thank you very much for responding.. It gives me a much better feel as a customer when someone takes the time to care about situations such as this..

I wanted to point out that it only took seven minutes for the manufacturer rep to respond with an appropriate solution. I am impressed. I have had my eye on the Atmos ai for a while now. I am not sure I need much more convincing....

I just fully kitted up with all Aeris (AT400 with Ion, SPORT BC with Airlink, Elite T3). Very happy with the gear and support. My LDS did not bring up the bag deal, but I do research and noted it (roller duffel offer) on the website and asked my dealer about it. He called Aeris and got confirmation and called me back within an hour that I'd also get a bag. In the meantime, he sold me an akona carry on at a huge discount to sweeten it more.

I actually got the Commander roller instead of the expected duffel roller (the Commander is a very nice bag - better than the roller I think). We noted that on the website, depending on what you click on to get to the deal either the roller or Commander is offered.

I'm thrilled with the deal and had no glitches. Used the bag this last week on a liveaboard trip.

FYI on the offer anyway

For that matter

I've had two questions into Aeris support (one on the reg, and one on the Elite logbook software) and both were answered within a day with real solutions and good info - one I talked directly to a rep who was informative, pleasant, and helpful, and funny a couple times too.

Customer advocacy is hard to earn, but Aeris has mine so far. As does my local dive shop for his support and responsiveness (compared to 4 other shops locally that I visited with less than super results.)

FWIW

Here is the offer on the Aeris website.

doesn't say anything about having to special order bags not in stock.

see DiveAeris.com - Scuba Gear, Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear

Special Offer > Bag It! with a FREE Roller Duffel Bag

Receive a new Roller Duffel Bag ($159.95 value)

ABSOLUTELY FREE!

With the purchase of a qualifying life-support package from a participating Authorized AERIS Dealer

As I noted, if you go to the Home page and then click - it offers the Commander (noted as $199 value), note the Roller Duffel

http://www.diveaeris.com/getmybag.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom