Freediving Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are always at least a couple Sphera's on ebay each month and can be regularly found on Amazon among other retailers. I have also had good luck finding them in some smaller dive shops who just haven't managed to sell out their leftover stock form last shipment - so get a couple while you still can!

I like my Cressi Minima - super low profile and under $30. The Aqualung MicroMask is another popular option

We have managed to legally "smuggle" a shipment of over 100 sphera masks into the country...

They can be bought as singles or in discounted packs of 2, 3, 5 or 10.

If we can help you find what you need: drop by, give us a call or go direct to our website Masks

We are definately freediver friendly... If we don't have what you want we will track it down for you!

Hey Prodive

Thanks for the sphere I just bought from you last week during Kirk and Mandy's advanced freedive course. I bought it as a third just to keep myself supplied. I also wanted to say that you guys have a great facility in Lauderdale and your captains and crew memebers were all really terrific. Very Honest too, I had left my Mosquito computer in the onboard dunk tank and one of your crew hunted me down in the parking lot and handed it back to me. I just thought that was very high class. Say hi to Brendle too.

Thanks for the great time

We have managed to legally "smuggle" a shipment of over 100 sphera masks into the country...

They can be bought as singles or in discounted packs of 2, 3, 5 or 10.

If we can help you find what you need: drop by, give us a call or go direct to our website Masks

We are definately freediver friendly... If we don't have what you want we will track it down for you!

Only black skirt? :(

ok what are the real differences between cressi minima and the Sphera's? I'm going to buy one or the other...

ok what are the real differences between cressi minima and the Sphera's? I'm going to buy one or the other...

I have used both extensively. The Sphera has a little better FOV - while the cressi has a lower volume. Big records have been set with both masks. Try them on - see which you like - I love my Minima - but I also love the Sphera.

if i can get black sphera at £25 each, should I buy lots of them?

I don't think that is an outstanding deal or anything - they aren't hard to find - one or two should be plenty :wink:

From what I understand, free diving masks are just generally superior to normal masks, mainly in that the volume is less and equalizing is easier? So why do scuba divers not all use free diving masks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom