Fresh Water Boyancy Problems :/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattWilliams

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys i dived ewens ponds in mount gambier australia what was a great dive any everyone who has the chance should do it,
BUT i had alot of boyancy issues like going up and down with out inflating or deflating! any tips?
Also if you want to do this dive or learn more i shot this video while there :)
Ewens Ponds Dive 11.6.12 - YouTube

Did you change your weighting? If you used the same weight you do in salt water, you were probably five or six pounds overweighted, which can lead to a lot of instability in the water column, because you have to have so much air in your BC to get neutral.

You'll get some "do a weight check" responses, but generally speaking, if you have control of your buoyancy in salt water and don't change your kit for fresh water, start by taking 6 pounds of lead off. Excessive use of your BCD for minor depth adjustments is usually a sign that your are over weighted.

edit: Lynne, do you ever sleep?

I'm working night shift . . .

Back
Top Bottom