Friends interested in SCUBA Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently completed my PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor Certification and I am now associated Tri-City SCUBA (Tri City SCUBA ... Want to learn to dive? Call us today! (804) 526-7321) located in Colonial Heights, VA.

We have now advanced a bit and have a classroom facility, a state of the art air compressor system and well-stocked gear rental facility.

It is directly on the route to the Lake Rawlings ( www.lakerawings.com )

The cost of the Open Water SCUBA course includes EVERYTHING! Equipment Rental, Air fills, Lake Rawlings entry fees, Certification Fees, Instruction and Registration. This also includes the PADI Open Water Manual and Recreational Dive Planner (tables).

The only other item you may find helpful would be the optional Open Water DVD.

I will agree to buy it back from you (full price) at the end of the course if you decide you do not want to keep it for your own reference library.

Let me know when you want to sign up and I can get the manuals and DVD to you right away and you can begin reading it/watching it.

After reading the manual and/or watching the DVD and then completing the Knowledge Reviews (chapter review questions at end of chapter) beforehand at your own pace and then we could meet and review them. We could either do all the class work in one day (it would likely be a 4-6 hour or so day) or we could split it into two separate knowledge review days if desired.

Then we proceed to the Confined water training. We have been doing all of the in water work at Lake Rawlings(Quarry) vs. going to a swimming pool (using a very shallow 4 foot platform for the Confined Water portion) and then moving to the Open Water dives afterwards. While it CAN be condensed into a very LONG weekend, I think I would prefer 2 weekends to give you time to absorb lessons and to get more out of it.

If you know of any other folks that may be interested, PLEASE pass my info to them and we can get them set up into same classroom schedule. If you can help me recruit any other students I will throw in the DVD (and something comparable for each additional student that signs up). If you actively promote this you could offset your costs? Give me a mailing address for the manuals and I will include some Business Cards and a flyer.

While my schedule pretty much only allows me to head off to the Quarry on weekends, I could set you up with a good friend that is retired and can be available almost any weekday if that is more convenient for you.

Please Contact me here (mheaster) or at mheaster@gmail.com

Dive Safe!

Mark H. Easter PADI OWSI

Last edited:
Mark, thanks for the plug... To further elaborate on Tri-City SCUBA, we are located 36.75 mile north of Lake Rawlings, and 1/4 mile off of I-95 (temple avenue exit) making us the closes dive center to the Lake as well as the most conveinent dive shop to the interstate.

While our main focus is on training, we also provide most of the other services any other dive shops do. For equipment sales, service, travel and fills feel free to call us but please keep in mind, we are small and would like to really focus on training. There are several other shops in the metro Richmond area that have a wider selection of gear.

Call us or email us anytime, training@tricityscuba.com 804-526-7321

Scott R. Oldmixon
Instructor (PADI, NAUI, SDI, TDI)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom