Frog kicks are so yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It could be worse and they show up wearing this!
supermike.jpg

Made To Measure, Neoprene Suits, Semi-Dry Suits, Custom Wetsuits, Drysuits, Watersports, Diving, Surfing, Kayaking, Sailing, Coasteering, Tailored Suits, Divers, Dive, Pembrokeshire, West Wales, UK
Yes this is a real site! LOL!

Carolyn:shark2:
:shakehead: "No capes!" ....Edna Mode

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I'll be forwarding THAT link to a few friends...

You can simulate a monofin effect by putting both your jet fins together and slowly hinging your body at the hip doing a porpoise kick. I found that I was able to easily keep up with a few frog kickers and at the end of the dive I used less air then they did.
Keeping your body straight and streamlined, and not having your legs bent at the knees as how they are doing a frog kick, allows for a much better slip stream and much greater efficiency.

Well, you know, we have split fins, fins with hinges and power bands, fins with slots and slats, fins with flip up blades and built in boots, fins with blinking lights, fins with tuna tails on them, fins made out of miracle materials like Tan Delta Force Field anti-gravity glue and whiskers and fins with more torque even, maybe there needs to be a fin with like a zipper or velcro that you could snap them togther to form a monofin and then with a click, click of the heels be back apart so you can do your old fashioned frog kick crap. Maybe like a magnet to hold them together? Any patents that result from my ideas please share the money with me so I can afford a dSLR.

Aren't dolphins further up the evolutionary scale than frogs? Are people smarter than dolphins?

N

Cool video Nem, those guys have pretty good form in the water, it reminds me of the guys who monofin swim in competitions.

I think anyone who said they couldn't use it for SCUBA kind of missed the point of monofin swimming in a smoothskin wetsuit :wink:

Cool video Nem, those guys have pretty good form in the water, it reminds me of the guys who monofin swim in competitions.

I think anyone who said they couldn't use it for SCUBA kind of missed the point of monofin swimming in a smoothskin wetsuit :wink:

You think?

I think the paradigm is threatened and may be in danger of collapsing, imagine, hordes of student divers refusing inflatable gas bags and multiple regulators, eschewing split fins and paddle fins for monofins and saying no to boring black in favor of stripes, spots, splotches and polka dots. Yes, the end is near. :rofl3:

N

The world would take freedivers so much more seriously if they just got rid of the patterned unitards.

The world would take freedivers so much more seriously if they just got rid of the patterned unitards.

Isn't that mostly because most freediving suits are designed around the premise of mimicking the patterns of game fish in order to allow the spearo to better blend in? I know I've seen spearos in mimetic patterned suits and mirrored masks around here. Then again, I suppose you don't need anyone's validation when you get a fish like this:

omer_dahlek_ocean_mimetic_big.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom