Frog kicks are so yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The world would take freedivers so much more seriously if they just got rid of the patterned unitards.

But V, you wear a mask and a funny hat, cool knives though.

N

More power to anyone who has the skills and lungs to freedive, no matter what they wear ... makes me feel rather inadequate, carrying my air with me. And in the case of Karina Petroni, may I say ... wow! I don't suppose anyone of you guys (hey, maybe ladies) have fantasized about a blonde Amazon with a killer smile and great athletic skills.

What I don't understand is, if it works for freediving, why doesn't it work just as good for scuba diving? One comment is that you can't back up. Don't freedivers ever want to back up?

"I never look back darling."....again, Edna Mode

Well, you know, we have split fins, fins with hinges and power bands, fins with slots and slats, fins with flip up blades and built in boots, fins with blinking lights, fins with tuna tails on them, fins made out of miracle materials like Tan Delta Force Field anti-gravity glue and whiskers and fins with more torque even, maybe there needs to be a fin with like a zipper or velcro that you could snap them togther to form a monofin and then with a click, click of the heels be back apart so you can do your old fashioned frog kick crap. Maybe like a magnet to hold them together? Any patents that result from my ideas please share the money with me so I can afford a dSLR.

Aren't dolphins further up the evolutionary scale than frogs? Are people smarter than dolphins?

N

Nemrod,

You've been around a while, I'm sure you remember the fin with the leg brace from Farallon. The leg braces have gone away, but the spring straps are still in vogue.

Nemrod,

You've been around a while, I'm sure you remember the fin with the leg brace from Farallon. The leg braces have gone away, but the spring straps are still in vogue.

Yes, I have used those, another concept that did not fair well in the market. You know there is a patent out there somewhere for something like a unicycle with suspenders to hold it up between your legs and then it has peddles that turn a propeller. You can also use it as a giant drink mixer and camp cookout egg beater.

N

Back
Top Bottom