froggie thursday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desertdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Balikasag island, bohol, Phils.

vwp

Wow, yours almost looks like a scorpion fish. Wonder if they are related.. Anyway, here's one (I've posted it before, but...). Taken at Nearest Point, Klein Bonaire.

-Roman.

frogfish.jpg

Roman...mine isn't as colorful as yours!

abp.sized.jpg

I love how they rest on their fins like that.

Well done!

scuba_katt once bubbled...
I love how they rest on their fins like that.

Well done!

You should see them move! They actually walk on those things! The fins are meaty and have membranes between the rays, like a frog's foot. Hence the name, I'd reckon. :) It's actually pretty cool to watch. Haven't seen them walk live, only on video, but it looks really cool, nonetheless. Amazing little fish!

-Roman.

This is too cool - Frogfish are the best- I wish I could show you my underwater sign for frogfish...We see these on most dives here in Hawaii...I'll attach a photo too!

Hi Desert Diver,
I hate to disapoint you but that certainly does look like a scorpionfish to me!

Check out this Clown Anglerfish from a trip to Puerta Galera in the Philippines. This guy is only 1-2 inches long!

CJ.

OK, I can't seem to attach the picture! Can anyone give me a hint as to how to do this?

Look to the bottom left and you'll see Attach File:. Browse your hard drive to find your photo file and enter it. Be sure the photo is within the size limit of 102400 bytes.

If you have your photos hosted on the web and that program allows posting of individual photos, Use the http:// button above and ender the URL to your photo.

Back
Top Bottom