Frustrated Being a Girl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to live in Ohio and didn't have any dive friends up there, but it sounds like someone responded with an invitation that is promising. I love living in Florida because I know a lot of divers. Also, I belong to three SCUBA clubs, and one club or the other is always doing something...so even if I go alone, I know I'll be with other people and can buddy up. Have you checked on clubs in your area?

jesstotheocean:
My name is Jessica & I just bought all my gear and I want to dive everyweekend! My husband doesn't dive (and just can't afford it right now) and is semi-busy on the weekends. WELL because I'm a lady (and all the weirdo's out in the world), I can't just find a buddy on this board (because there mostly men) meet up with them and dive on a Saturday, camp and then dive on Sunday with them. I have to wait until my husbands schedule is free so he can drive to the quarry with me and stay overnight with me. Well even when we can do that I feel like i'm draggin him around. Does anybody else have this problem?
:dazzler1:

I agree with the others that said check on joining a club or check with your lds on other ladies that are looking for a buddy. I'm one of the lucky ones- my husband dives (alot), but I'm the only girl in our regular dive group (& the only female divemaster at our shop). I've met other women divers through clubs and social gatherings... so I'd say give it a shot.

jesstotheocean:
My name is Jessica & I just bought all my gear and I want to dive everyweekend! My husband doesn't dive (and just can't afford it right now) and is semi-busy on the weekends. WELL because I'm a lady (and all the weirdo's out in the world), I can't just find a buddy on this board (because there mostly men) meet up with them and dive on a Saturday, camp and then dive on Sunday with them. I have to wait until my husbands schedule is free so he can drive to the quarry with me and stay overnight with me. Well even when we can do that I feel like i'm draggin him around. Does anybody else have this problem?
you and your husband can come to Gilboa this weekend. Several of us will be there, we're really a pretty nice bunch of folks to dive with and to hang out with.

Jessica, a wise man once said "a house divided cannot stand" Face it your are addidcted to this sport as am I and many others on this board. Hubby better get with the program and breath that fresh compressed air if he wants to keep a pretty girl happy!!

500 PSI:
Jessica, a wise man once said "a house divided cannot stand" Face it your are addidcted to this sport as am I and many others on this board. Hubby better get with the program and breath that fresh compressed air if he wants to keep a pretty girl happy!!

Ain't that the truth! Hahahaha

That said:

Find a group, Babyduck, Mrs Prages (gawd that sounds so formal) and I hang with the same bunch. The group thing is great. Ours is growing significantly, and there is always someone up for a dive somewhere. I live in Parkersburg WV and work in Marietta OH. Not sure how close that is to you, BUT, you could pop over here and zip down the road with me anytime to an "event". I go to NC regularly. Also thinking of trying a lake near Clarksburg WV. try www.wreckmaniac.com if you want to know the happenins of our group, and feel free to PM me or Paula or Marci.

Find a good friend who dives, male or female. Although I am single and have no one to answer to (well, except a developing relationship), I dive with woman who are either married or otherwise attached as regular dive buddies quite frequently. Fortunately their husbands or BF's are comfortable with that (I never overstep my bounds, even if I'd... sigh... like to). We occasionally take trips together and even sleep in the same bed but without any hanky panky... not even the need for a "bundling board" (non- US Puritans may not get this historical reference).

As long as there is trust, you should be able to find a buddy of either gender with whom you and your husband are comfortable. If not, divorce the landlubbing SOB!!! JUST TEASING husband.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
not even the need for a "bundling board" (non- US Puritans may not get this historical reference).

Dr. Bill

Hmm... I am neither an American nor a puritan. What is a "bundling board"?

Randy43068:
hey little girl. I have some candy for you.. <evil grin>

Hey, come to the GLWC meet and greet with your husband. Both of you will meet a lot of really nice people. I'm sure you'll be able to find some people of either sex that you and your husband will be comfortable with.

There are a lot of nice people both male, and female at the dive sites. Of course there are those guys who are quite lecherous.. like me!... :devil_2:

I've posted in the Fourm for the GLWC meet & greet but it looks like they have there own little club going. Nobody responded to my post, and it's a little confussing. Did anybody ever figure out the weekend and loctation?

kristi hager:
Ain't that the truth! Hahahaha

That said:

Find a group, Babyduck, Mrs Prages (gawd that sounds so formal) and I hang with the same bunch. The group thing is great. Ours is growing significantly, and there is always someone up for a dive somewhere. I live in Parkersburg WV and work in Marietta OH. Not sure how close that is to you, BUT, you could pop over here and zip down the road with me anytime to an "event". I go to NC regularly. Also thinking of trying a lake near Clarksburg WV. try www.wreckmaniac.com if you want to know the happenins of our group, and feel free to PM me or Paula or Marci.

Marietta is about 3 1/2 hours away, so your a little bit out. If you end up coming near Cleveland for anything let me know. I'm always up for diving.

Ayisha:
Hmm... I am neither an American nor a puritan. What is a "bundling board"?
back in colonial times, guys might travel quite a ways to court someone. it wasn't practical to go back home that day, and at night it would be - dark. so they would stay in the house, in the girl's bed (since there pretty much weren't guest rooms) with a board between them. that way they could talk and maybe hold hands, but they weren't supposed to breach the board. kind of an honor system thing, but that's how they did it. and the board was called a bundling board.

jess, kristi's right. of course, i said it first - find a group that you're comfortable with and see if you can go from there. bill's suggestion is a good one - see if hubby would be interested in learning to dive. i don't know why the group you posted to didn't answer - do they have a separate site like we do? you might get more personal answers there, if they do. i hope you have good luck, and get this figured out.

Back
Top Bottom